New ATH-PRO700mk2 - Audio Technica
Jan 20, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #16 of 98

Quote:
Hello. I bought Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 from eBay, last Saturday. First, I wanted to buy M50 and I don't know about PRO700MK2. I didn't win M50 in auction and I found PRO700MK2 by mistake. I was happy, because I want headphones with detachable cable. And I think: This price of headphones isn't high, I try it... This is eBay offer for headphones, price is funny, only $ 49,99 USD!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-PRO700MK2-DJ-Monitor-Headphones-/280616540050?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41560c9792

When I'll have headphones, I write my experiences about this new item...

new item lacking original packaging, 1/4 of usual sale price, using a stock photo, new ebay member, and from "nearest warehouse, china"

smells like a counterfeit. Hopefully it isn't, but if it's too good to be true...

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #17 of 98
I would love it for someone to review these, I can't find any of these pairs in any canadian stores... Only reason why I'm looking into these is becaues apaprantly the older version pro700 were similar to the m50's. But this has the detachable cable.

Jan 21, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #18 of 98
I bought it from this auction. I know, that this auction can be counterfeit (fake). And I risk it, because price is low. I hope, that headphones come with original Audio-Technica warranty card, no warranty from seller! When it comes with original warranty card and serial number is correct, I will be happy! I will write here, when I get this headphones...

Feb 26, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #22 of 98
I too am eager to hear some opinions of these headphones especially how they relate to the M50's. I heard the PRO700 also had build quality issues, so I am wondering how these hold up

Mar 2, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #23 of 98
Fricking Adorama. On backorder :frowning2: :frowning2:. Probably a week from now I'll have em. In the mean time, any japanese head-fi-ers out there?

http://review.kakaku.com/review/K0000157598/

or anyone who can translate more coherently than google? xD

Mar 4, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #24 of 98
Here are the translated, when you recieve your headphones, can you do a review as well :p I would like to know how comfortable/weight and if it fits in your ears? As I tried my friends beat solo (i know not best headphones) and my ears were sticking out because the earpads were so small.

Thanks

ATH-M7PRO to think of how much improvement has been so degraded that the series headphone ear pads I purchased the ATH-PRO700MK2.

ATH-M7PROより迫力が増しパンチが効いているように思います。​
ATH-M7PRO feeling that it seems that increasingly more powerful punch.

それ以外の評価は詳しくないので分かりません。​
I do not know any other hotel familiar.

長時間の使用に対する耳の圧迫感は、多少改善されていますが、耳が痛くなります。​
Ear tightness for long-term use, but is a little better, it hurt my ears.

購入してよかったとは思います。​
I'm glad to buy.

[Design]
中々良いと思います。​
I think good people inside.
パっと見外観からは旧来モデルのPRO700との見分けはまずつかないかと思います。​
Innovation performance is seen from the appearance of older models and I think I tell PRO700 Tsukanai first.
元々洗練されたデザインではあるかと思います。​
The sleek design and I think there originally.
LTDと比較しちゃうのも何ですがツヤが無いだけでこんなにチープになるのかと思うほどプラスチッキーではありますんで高級感とかはほぼ無いです。​
In what strikes me about Purasuchikki LTD's just so cheap even if I do not have a shiny're like luxury compared with Nde there is almost no.

【高音の音質】​
[High-pitched sound;
PRO700と比較して大きく変更された部分の一つです。​
PRO700 is one part of that has changed significantly compared to this.
ボーカルにややクセの強かったPRO700ですがMK2はかなり改良されていて伸びも良くなったようです。​
Somewhat peculiar strong vocal PRO700 MK2 seems to be better but they are also improved growth considerably.
中、高音は同社のATH-M50に近くなったような気がします。​
Medium, its high notes I feel like the ATH-M50 was Kuni Kon.
シンセベースなんかは高音との繋がりが良くなっていて非常に気持ち良く聴けます。​
Synth is something very pleasant to listen much better to have links with the treble.

【低音の音質】​
[Bass sound;
こちらはPRO700と比較してややマイルドに改良された感じです。​
PRO700 here so it was slightly improved compared to the mild.
ATH-PRO700LTDに近い低音の仕上がりになっています。​
ATH-PRO700LTD bass has become close to the finish.
量はあっても比較的柔らかく聴き疲れし難い印象です。​
Impression is hard to hear the amount of fatigue, even relatively soft.
DJの観点から見るとキックなんかの取り易さはPRO700に分があるように思います。​
DJ Ease took the kick from the perspective of something I think that there are minutes in PRO700.

【フィット感】​
[Fit]
従来のパッドから改良されたパッドを使用しています。​
Pads are used to improved the conventional pad.
型番もHP-PRO700からHP-PRO700MK2となっていて別物ということが分かります。​
Model HP-PRO700 also know that the HP-PRO700MK2 that they become confused.
従来品がやや硬めなのに対して少しモチモチした感触になっており当たりも柔らかく感じます。​
Per has become a softer feel feels a little heavy but light for a conventional slightly harder.
されどDJモデルですんで側圧はかなりあります。​
DJ Saredo lateral pressure is quite Nde model.
DJモデルが好きで側圧に慣れていると思っていた自分ですがそれでも3時間に1回は外して休憩しないとキツイかなってレベルです。​
DJ is still three hours once I thought my side pressure are used to model love is tough and makes sense without a break to level off.
軽量化されているのも良い部分で頭頂部や首への負担は軽減されています。​
Burden on top of the head and neck may be part of that weight has been reduced.

【遮音性 音漏れ】​
Sound insulation - sound leakage;
シリーズ通してですが遮音性、音漏れどちらとも性能は高いです。​
Series noise isolation is through the performance with both the sound leakage is high.
大きめの音でも漏れ難いモデルです。​
It is difficult to model even the sound of a large leak.

【携帯性】​
[Portable]
折り畳みは可能ですがそれでも結構大きいので決して良いとは言えません。​
Folding is good because it means you can not say is still pretty big.
大型モデルなんで仕方ありません。​
Nde large models can not be helped.

【総評】​
[OVERALL]
従来機からややリスニング寄りに改良されている傾向が強いです。​
I tend to listen a little closer to be improved from previous models.
DJモニターとして利用するのであればPRO700の方に分があるように思います。​
If you want to use as a DJ monitor PRO700 The odds are it seems better.
テクノやクラブ、ダンス系を中心にユーロビートやロック等、低音に迫力が欲しい楽曲にはビタハマリすると思います。​
And clubs, techno beats and rock and especially the euro and dance to the music I want is power to Bass Bitahamari.
ボーカルにクセも無く埋もれ難いのも良い部分です。​
The hard part may be buried without any vocal habit.
M50の音の低音部分だけをLTDに変えたような印象が強くM50の音が好きな人は結構好きになれるような気がします。​
Bass sound only a portion of M50 LTD M50 changed the strong impression that you like the sound of love you feel like become very well.
ケーブルが着脱式になったのも嬉しい変更点。​
Changes were also happy detachable cable.
用途によって使い分けるのは勿論ですがリケーブルもし易いでしょうし断線も恐くなくなりました。​
For some applications will use both the disconnection would be easier if 恐Kunaku Rikeburu is, of course.
軽量化やパッドの変更を含めて嬉しい改良ばかりです。​
Just glad to include improved weight reduction and change pad.
低音好きには満足度の高い製品となっています。​
Like the bass has become highly satisfactory product.

Y fit;
どんしゃりさんのコメントの通りフィット感に少し難があります。​
Fit is a little difficult to don Yarisanno Rino Tooru comment.
クッションが弱いせいかで長時間着けていると耳が痛くなります。​
And ears will hurt because you are wearing soft cushion for a long time.
クッションは家電量販で視聴した旧機種のATH-PRO500方がはるかに良く感じました。​
The old model was to watch cushion household appliance ATH-PRO500 better feel much better.
実はこのATH-PRO500の視聴でATH-PRO700MK2のネット購入を決めました。​
In fact, this watch ATH-PRO500 ATH-PRO700MK2 decided to buy nets.
ところが実際、届いて着けてみて正直ガッカリしました。​
In fact, however, disappointed with the wear and honestly try to reach.
そこでこれを改善すべくATH-PRO500との違いを自分なりに検証してみたんですが、クッションを取り外すとATH-PRO500は本体にスポンジがあり、さらにクッション効果を高めていました。​
In order to remedy this so I tried the ATH-PRO500 to examine the differences could have been with the ATH-PRO500 removing the cushion sponge body has had to raise more cushioning.
ATH-PRO700MK2にはこれがなく、クッションを介して本体のプラスチックの堅い部分に耳が当たるので痛かった訳です。​
ATH-PRO700MK2 which has no translation, which is so painful to listen to win a tough plastic body parts through the cushion.
クッションを一度取り外して、市販(100均)の1.5cm幅くらいの隙間テープを貼りつけてクッションを戻すと驚くほど改善されました。​
Once you remove the cushions, market (average 100) and 1.5cm improved back cushion surprisingly glued tape around the gap width.
クッションは取り外し取付共に比較的簡単に出来るところも良い点だと思います。​
I think a good point cushion could be relatively easy to place and remove the attachment.
ちなみに遮音性もこれで少し改善されたかもしれないです。​
I might have been slightly improved sound insulation in this way, too.

【携帯性について】​
About portability;
これもどんしゃりさんが書かれているように携帯用とはさすがに言い難い大きさです。​
Portable and written as well Donshi Yari's hard to say this is indeed large.
通常のヘッドホンに比べたら半分くらいの大きさにはなるのでその点は大きいです。​
About half the size compared to normal headphones so that point is large.
携帯性を良くするために取り外し可能なコードはとても良いと思います。​
Detachable cord for better portability I think very good.
でも音質と携帯性の両方を求めるのは少し贅沢な気もするので妥協するほかないと思います。​
Seek both quality and portability, but also to compromise because I do not think I feel a little luxurious.
あとはデザインがいいのでファッションアイテムと考えればそんなに苦ではないです。​
The rest is not that hard to think of fashion design is very cool.

【音質について】​
About the sound quality;
家電買い症候群さんのおっしゃるとおりA900に匹敵する音質で非常に満足しています。​
Consumer buying A900's syndrome, as you said is very happy with sound quality comparable to that.
A900は持っていませんが、家電量販店で視聴しました。​
I do not have the A900, with electronics stores to watch.
再生周波数帯域5Hz~35kHzと幅広い音域を持っているせいだと思います。​
5Hz ~ 35kHz playback frequency band because I think to have a broad range.
再生音域の両端近くは理論上、人間には聴くことの出来ない音域ですが明らかに音の違いを感じます。​
Play both ends of the range is close to the theoretical differences between humans feel the bass sound that can not hear it clearly.
音の表現力の違いをハッキリ感じることが出来ます。​
You can clearly feel the difference between the expressive power of sound.
(オーケストラとフルオーケストラの違いくらい)​
(About the difference between the orchestra and full orchestra)

【デザインについて】​
About Design;
オーディオテクニカのCMでもアームバンドのロゴをアップにしてデザインを売りにしてますね。​
I'm selling to the Audio CM design a logo for the arm band it up.
そのアームバンドのロゴとクッション、イヤーカップの“A”のロゴとデザイン(形状)​
Cushion and the arm band logo, the earcups "A" logo and design (shape)
が気に入ってます。​
I like that.

Mar 6, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #25 of 98
hello! this is my first post here, I hope I can help you guys.
I live in Japan and I was looking to buy the M50 or PRO700MK2. so I went to a store to test them, here are my thoughts:

I think there is no such a significant difference in therms of SOUND between the PRO700MK2 and M50.
the only difference that I notest was the BASS, the PRO700MK2 is a little bit stronger. and this is what I was looking for, a headphone with a stronge BASS. 
buuuuut here is the thing, the biggest difference and crucial for me was the CONFORTABILITY. the M50 is way too more confortable, it fits perfectly on your ear. 
the PRO700MK2 it is confortable but it seems like ON-EAR, not AROUND-EAR. so, starts to hurt a little bit. (at least for me)

so I decided to buy the M50 and I am very happy!
sorry about my english, cause I am brazilian guy living in Japan and typing in english. lol
see ya

Mar 6, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #26 of 98
Thank you Markizan! From what it sounds like, I think I'll be going for the M50 as well. I don't love bass all that much, and the price for the PRO700MK2 comes out to a bit too much here in Canada ($220 after shipping and tax, $145 for the M50). The removable cable and choice of included coiled or straight is nice, but the M50 can be modded to have that feature if needed. 

Besides, the M50 is so highly recommended on here for a reason :p

Mar 7, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #27 of 98

Quote:
Thank you Markizan! From what it sounds like, I think I'll be going for the M50 as well. I don't love bass all that much, and the price for the PRO700MK2 comes out to a bit too much here in Canada ($220 after shipping and tax, $145 for the M50). The removable cable and choice of included coiled or straight is nice, but the M50 can be modded to have that feature if needed. 

Besides, the M50 is so highly recommended on here for a reason :p

Someone knowledgeable should do a review of the PRO700MK2. Though so far, from my readings, it seems that there is a noticeable improvement across most of the range when compared to the regular PRO700. It's a good thing there are official modded PRO700 that fix the headband issues, strapping a metal strip across the headband.

M50 is more and more known to be overrated FYI.

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #28 of 98
I am also waiting for a good review from someone who has had some experience with similar cans like the M50. The main thing I am looking at is the bass.

I tried the PRO500BK and the bass was non-existant, even after a good 50+ hours straight of burn-in.

Mar 8, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #29 of 98
yushhhh Mine came in today. :D. CURSE YOU CUSTOMS!!! frking brokerage fees...

Clamping pressure sucks! :frowning2: ...Good thing I don't have a boxy-shaped head. Not liking the lack of metal band ... but it feels like a durable polymer... maybe the inside is reinforced by metal... unsure....

Going to burn them in and maaaaybe comment on sound later... Right now it's just muddyyy

I never had the old Pro700... how did they sound like? I've only had the SQ5, ES7, WS70, M50, and ESW9.

Mar 8, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #30 of 98

Quote:
yushhhh Mine came in today. :D. CURSE YOU CUSTOMS!!! frking brokerage fees...

Clamping pressure sucks! :frowning2: ...Good thing I don't have a boxy-shaped head. Not liking the lack of metal band ... but it feels like a durable polymer... maybe the inside is reinforced by metal... unsure....

Going to burn them in and maaaaybe comment on sound later... Right now it's just muddyyy

I never had the old Pro700... how did they sound like? I've only had the SQ5, ES7, WS70, M50, and ESW9.

Since my XD-53 are official custom PRO700's with sound tweaks, build quality enhancements and a new plug, I can safely say that the sound signature did flatten some of its spikes after burn in (either the headphones or my ears
wink.gif
).

Like it was discussed on a few threads around, there's nothing some EQing can't do to bring what the listener enjoys the most, or shape it in a particular way
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back