New AT Portables: ATH-ES10 and ATH-WS70
Oct 19, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #31 of 159
they look interesting. I could do with a high end portable pair of headphones. I might look into them. $500 in the U.S. means £500 in the UK though. However with the ESW9 having been counterfeited, I wonder how safe is the rest of the high end range.

Oct 20, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #32 of 159
I think you pretty much have to buy from an authorized dealer. Then you won't get fakes. There are reputable ebayers, but you know how it goes - tread very carefully.
smily_headphones1.gif

Have their been any counterfeits of the esw10jpn? You don't hear so much about those, but if it's pretty and expensive there's probably someone selling fakes.

Oct 20, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #35 of 159
Those ESW-10's are awesome looking but one question to ask here, I have noticed quite a few manufacturers are going the one cord system and also where they plug in on the bottom, like AKG's new K450 for eg. I am suprised that AT did not do this for the ES-10's.

Oct 20, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #37 of 159
Dual entry works a lot better for portables, too. Keeps the cable running over the head from getting torn or caught on anything.

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #43 of 159
The ES10 look very cool! From the side by side picture comparisons, it looks like the cups on the ES10's look a tad larger which would coincide with the larger drivers used. I wonder if they will still fit in the HPP5 case.

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #44 of 159
Just tried out the ES10 at the local headphone shop and I was very impressed with the sonic characteristics. I blows the ESW 9 away in every aspect from the deep low basslines and crystal clear trebles. The soundstaging is also much better. It is definitely comparable to the ESW 10, however it seems to be slightly brighter and makes different genres of music sparkle. This is one portable I am surely saving up for. I recommend everyone go try it out, as sound is a very subjective topic. For me I think I can confidently part company with my ESW 9 and just get this beauty.

Nov 11, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #45 of 159
Hm, i thought it sounded darker than ESW10 due to the stronger and deeper bass, it reminds me a lot of IE8 and UM3x, a mix in between i guess. However its definitely more comfortable than ESW10, the pads are thicker and fit my ears better. Its been a long time since i've heard ESW9 so no comments on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back