*NEW* Apple Ipod Shuffle
Mar 12, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #151 of 278
There's already a dongle so you can use your own headphones with the thing ($20-$30)... man there's a lot of unmitigated apple hatred in this thread. I guess it's the general internet phenomenon that if it's not for you it must not be for anyone!

My opinion from what I've seen... it's a nice device, and I'm confident I have the mental capacity of a chipmunk, so I think I can memorize the remote. It certainly satisfies a desire I have for something smaller and more robust than my full size ipod.

Unfortunately, after tacking on the dongle it's not at a price point I consider worthwhile.

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #152 of 278
Save your self the trouble and buy something else. Look at something else... Nothing to see here just failure. Total and utter failure.

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #153 of 278
id buy a pocket knife with 50+ utilities, Why? because its a gimmick.

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #155 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericwatson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where can you buy this dongle adapter

Both aren't even out yet AFAIK. That said, there are much better alternatives out there to don't force you to use crapty earphones for the same purpose that the Shuffle's intended for, like the Sansa Clip + significantly cheaper.

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #156 of 278
Just went to Dixons, all Ipods on display :-/ Asked about Sansa Clip. Not on the display behind the counter but in a closed cupboard at the back.

No wonder Ipods do so well, it's not right as other (probably better) companies can't get a foot in the door.

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #157 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just went to Dixons, all Ipods on display :-/ Asked about Sansa Clip. Not on the display behind the counter but in a closed cupboard at the back.

No wonder Ipods do so well, it's not right as other (probably better) companies can't get a foot in the door.

Tell them it's better SQ wise,. Tell them to display it. Tell them there's a market for iPod alternatives and how they can make money out of it. Be smart. Play to their business interest
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #159 of 278
Actually they should have terminated the inline cable at the remote with a 3.5mm jack so that you can plugin any of the high end IEMs or other headphones. I feel Apple have missed a trick over here.

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #160 of 278
Those of you that never worked retail don't realize that you market what ever the trend
or asked about product and that doesn't mean better or cheaper it means volume sales.

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #161 of 278
To all those stupid "you don't have to buy it" comments:

Well no ****in ****! I will not buy it! However I am still a consumer, I am still the target market, and so my opinion is worth something... If many others agree, then my opinion will be worth a whole lot more... There is no need to get your panties in a bunch over criticism of your strangely beloved brand...

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #163 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by RCGA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To all those stupid "you don't have to buy it" comments:

Well no ****in ****! I will not buy it! However I am still a consumer, I am still the target market, and so my opinion is worth something... If many others agree, then my opinion will be worth a whole lot more... There is no need to get your panties in a bunch over criticism of your strangely beloved brand...

What the heck is up with you?

i dont care if you censored your words, keep it clean jeez, what is this, 4chan?

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #164 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd imagine that third party manufacturer would start coming out remote control unit that can be used with generic headphones.

said remote would probably be bigger than the shuffle itself.

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #165 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkvedam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually they should have terminated the inline cable at the remote with a 3.5mm jack so that you can plugin any of the high end IEMs or other headphones. I feel Apple have missed a trick over here.

Exactly. Actually, this is an interesting concept but the fact that you are limited to stock buds without an accessory is silly. Especially considering how poor ear buds are for exercising (anyone ever sweat and have ear buds fall out of their ears while working out?) assuming this is the market they are aiming for. I can sort of understand the urge to go buttonless (not that I agree) but linking the functionality of the device to headphones and, furthermore, forcing the consumer use proprietary apple buds is just baffling.

I am a little perplexed at how to define this thing but inefficient and over-engineered are in the ball park. This from someone who generally understands and appreciates the way Apple evolves (outside of the transition from fatty back to 4g Nano).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back