Adamora

500+ Head-Fier
Just saw it on Apples main page.

Apple

newshuffle.jpg

Specifications

Discuss! lol.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 278
Wonder how it sounds. The design doesn't really appeal to me, but I must admit they really know how to make a small device.

And I don't see the talking function as their solution for having no screen. Half the time these things don't work, and how would it deal with non-standard English characters.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #3 of 278
It looks design-wise between 1G and 2G Shuffle. Hopefully it sounds as good or better than 1G. Dark and light gray models, why not black...

Battery-life so so

But it's soooo small. Smaller than iRiver S10?

"
What's in the Box
iPod shuffle box

* iPod shuffle
* Apple Earphones with Remote (no mic)
* iPod shuffle USB cable
* Quick Start Guide

Mac Requirements

* USB 2.0 port
* Mac OS X v10.4.11 or later
* iTunes 8.1 or later
* Broadband Internet access (fees may apply)
* iTunes Store account4

PC Requirements

* USB 2.0 port
* Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional (Service Pack 3 or later)
* iTunes 8.1 or later
* Broadband Internet access (fees may apply)
* iTunes Store account4

Technical Specifications
Size and Weight

Height:
1.8 inches (45.2 mm)
Width:
0.7 inch (17.5 mm)
Depth:
0.3 inch (7.8 mm)
Weight:
0.38 ounce (10.7 grams)5
True volume:
0.26 cu inches / 4,326 cu mm

Audio

* Skip-free playback
* Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

Capacity

* 4GB flash drive1
* Up to 1,000 songs in 128-Kbps3
* AAC format

Battery

* Rechargeable lithium polymer battery
* Playback time: Up to 10 hours when fully charged6

Input and Output

* 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack

iTunes

Available as a free download, iTunes makes it easy to shop the iTunes Store for millions of songs, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, games, and applications for iPod touch and iPhone. iTunes also lets you import your own music, manage your media library, and sync your iPod or iPhone with ease."

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 278
No black? maybe because they want to force us to by 3rd party skins.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:10 PM Post #5 of 278
Apple has taken black out of all of their products recently. It's been replaced with Charcoal or something similar (not sure about the Macbook/Mac line). I do not see how the remote is more convenient than the device controls.

I think the iPod Shuffle 2G was already smaller than the iRiver S10, so no doubt this one is smaller.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #6 of 278
So does this mean you can only use the Apple earbuds? I love the design, but lame if you are limited to what Apple's supplying.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #7 of 278
Hm...i think the remote might be quite useful if its small!, without reaching into your pocket to change the songs...just take out the remote from your pocke....wait.....forget it.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #8 of 278
The remote is attached to the earbuds at the same location as microphones are usually held. Unfortunately it probably does mean you have to use the Apple earphones, or earphones with remotes which have been known to be suitable for Apple products (NuForce NE7M, etc).

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #10 of 278
I've always regarded my 1st Gen Shuffle as being a remote.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #11 of 278
maybe a 3rd party will create a remote of some sort.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #12 of 278
The one thing I have always wanted from the Shuffle is the ability to navigate playlists. Music I listen to in the gym is rarely music I like any place else. Unfort. if does seem like you are tied into those headphones. After watching the video I doubt you could even get full navigation from some of the other earphones that actually have a remote.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #13 of 278
4GB omG, thats massive for a tiny package. Shuffling through 4GB of music, but damn thats a nice one the voice over feature. But still cant really select the album that you wanna play.

Battery life is worser, might as well get the iRiver Lplayer :p in Australia its $129 vs $109, i would prefer the Lplayer, but they are different.

Humm the controls are on the ear bud cord?!?!? what the?? does that mean we cant use our custom headphones?

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #14 of 278
The video talked about when synced with a PC instead of a Mac, the talking voice turned into the stiff robotic voice, is that a joke? The voice does sound like the one of the talking voice that comes with Windows though.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #15 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
4GB omG, thats massive for a tiny package. Shuffling through 4GB of music, but damn thats a nice one the voice over feature. But still cant really select the album that you wanna play.

Battery life is worser, might as well get the iRiver Lplayer :p in Australia its $129 vs $109, i would prefer the Lplayer, but they are different.

Humm the controls are on the ear bud cord?!?!? what the?? does that mean we cant use our custom headphones?

I'd imagine that third party manufacturer would start coming out remote control unit that can be used with generic headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back