*NEW* Apple Ipod Shuffle
Mar 11, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #31 of 278
Seems more of an experimental product than anything else.

I still miss my 1G Shuffle.
frown.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #34 of 278
Seems like a good product for the segment.

They have the touch, classic, nano, and shuffle. Let's not fall into the trap of comparing products from different segments for obvious reasons
smily_headphones1.gif

I've gotta see the 3rd party 'controller' for this thing, because the default one from Apple is TIED TO THE FRICKING APPLE BUDS.

Anyhow, it may come off as the most durable ipod of all time, because you can essentially replace its control anytime you want.

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #35 of 278
you think this will drive the hd800 ampless?

there done it.

ok, i am such a sucker for apple stuff, now i have to have this (having seen it for the first time all of 1:45s ago), and one of my supermicro IVs is gonna get bonded to that big style for a little gardening rig!

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #36 of 278
sansacliptilt.jpg

Don't own Sansa but if I were in for a small, flash based player that'll be the one. Not Shuffle with no screen and just previous/skip.

Dunno why Apple fanboys swoon on every product release. I've got a couple of old MP3 players and even those had a basic LCD. :-/

P10027855b.jpg

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #37 of 278
i got that sansa, well did have, lol - i just like something that i dont have to squint at and read, preferably lcd-less, miss the 1g shuffle for that

you polarize everyone as apple fanboys when someone likes there product, which is ironic, i presume your name suggests that you are an iriver fanboy?

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #38 of 278
I think the controls being on the earphones is a big issue. Most people here wouldn't even considering listening to it with the supplied earphones. But then without them you wouldn't be able to change the song.... I never owned a single shuffle and I don't think I will (though I've had a nano (1G) and classic (2G)).

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #39 of 278
Quote:

i just like something that i dont have to squint at and read

And you don't read the shuffle screen either since it doesn't have one, but at least you have proper control plus the LCD when you do need it. 4GB is roughly 10 albums in lossy, you'd probably want to navigate through not just in random.

Quote:

presume your name suggests that you are an iriver fanboy?

If I were I'd recommend two iriver flashed based players. I didn't.

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #40 of 278
i get a bit of humor when some people cut down an Apple product before it has a chance
to be tested by friends,yourself or members of this forum its like people bashing Windows 7 without actually using it.

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #41 of 278
Well having no screen is a big letdown...

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #43 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And you don't read the shuffle screen either since it doesn't have one, but at least you have proper control plus the LCD when you do need it. 4GB is roughly 10 albums in lossy, you'd probably want to navigate through not just in random.

If I were I'd recommend two iriver flashed based players. I didn't.

woah. 4GB = 10 albums in lossy format?

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #44 of 278
I love how it looks. If it sounds as good as the 1G shuffle and some cheap accessory somehow allows the use of other earphones beside the iBuds, then I'll surely get it in a heartbeat. Since that ain't going to happen, Apple=Fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back