*NEW* Apple Ipod Shuffle
Mar 11, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #46 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And you don't read the shuffle screen either since it doesn't have one, but at least you have proper control plus the LCD when you do need it. 4GB is roughly 10 albums in lossy, you'd probably want to navigate through not just in random.

If I were I'd recommend two iriver flashed based players. I didn't.

random, what are you talking about?
confused.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #48 of 278
lol, i used to think the apple buds where the best thing ever, i even threw out my senn's MX160's

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #49 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
random, what are you talking about?
confused.gif

doesnt shuffle mean random selection?!

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #50 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
doesnt shuffle mean random selection?!

uhhh yes indeed. what does that have to with anything

wait... you think ipod shuffle only shuffles?

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #53 of 278
Quote:

wait... you think ipod shuffle only shuffles?

darthsmile.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #54 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
apple fail here maybe, but apple fail on mainstreet for commuters and students who use stock buds anway? dont think so

That's true.

I feel that this shuffle is just too gimmicky with the "speaking functions" and the buttonless design. People are just going to get it cause it's apple and it's cool, then realize that it's a pain to live with the odd controls. It's expensive too, especially when replacing a pair of iBuds (which will inevitably brake after some abuse, like pulling them out of tight jeans) will cost 1/4 of the shuffle's price.

Nevertheless, they will probably sell millions.

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #55 of 278
Correct me if I am wrong but apple sells a single fm radio/remote already. You can plug that in and use it with your own headphones of choice with fm radio support to boot. I dont know if that works though

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #56 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No of course not but you can't exactly choose album or track can you? The Shuffles would be alright products 10 years ago. Not now.

erm no

the fact apple are making a new shuffle means people are still buying them, they might not be for people like us but clearly there is a market for mediocre overpriced function limited tat. just shove in some nice packaging and make it look absolutely great and the masses will go buy it

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #58 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by That dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel that this shuffle is just too gimmicky with the "speaking functions" and the buttonless design. People are just going to get it cause it's apple and it's cool, then realize that it's a pain to live with the odd controls. It's expensive too, especially when replacing a pair of iBuds (which will inevitably brake after some abuse, like pulling them out of tight jeans) will cost 1/4 of the shuffle's price.

Can't say I disagree. After watching the "Guided Tour" video, my first thought was: "Congratulations, Apple. You've finally managed to spoof yourself." And then I checked the date. April 1st is still a ways off...

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #59 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by That dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's true.

Look at this thread count already, can you imagine if this was the new touch or iphone 4g, LOL yes they will sell millions. Marketing genius bast***s
biggrin.gif
Total gimmick for sure.

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #60 of 278
@iriverdude: it's a frickin SHUFFLE. Go bash on the ipod classic or nano on the appropriate threads if you want to make comparisons with clips or rockboxens. Or go make an I HATE APPLE thread if you feel like venting and need someone to listen to your viewpoint
wink.gif
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back