*NEW* Apple Ipod Shuffle
Mar 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #61 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@iriverdude: it's a frickin SHUFFLE. Go bash on the ipod classic or nano on the appropriate threads if you want to make comparisons with clips or rockboxens. Or go make an I HATE APPLE thread if you feel like venting and need someone to listen to your viewpoint
wink.gif
Cheers.

I don't know...considering the Clip is a direct Shuffle competitor, and Rockbox is being ported to the Clip, the comparison isn't so unthinkable...

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #62 of 278
i like the fact that instead of talking about how i am going to attach my supermicro to a player, with this, we are now talking in the realms of how i'm going to attach the player to the supermicro, this will be subservient size wize to the supermicro
eek.gif

cool.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #63 of 278
I like the idea Quaddy. But I think its gonna be tough to configure given that you will have to have some sort of controlling device between the Shuffle and the Micro.

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #67 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is very true.

but it will be overcome all in the name of miniaturization, wonder what dacs in it...

It be cool if it sounded like the new nano or touch.

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #69 of 278
Waaiiit...what about the price ~_~?

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #71 of 278
I wonder how big the adapter will be that lets you use it with anything else other than the supplied craptacular headphones. Probably like $20 if I know Apple. So $100 all in?

Hmm no thanks

So I'm thinking it records sound clip in tunes of all the song titles, seeing as the voice is different for each OS. So how much space will those take up I wonder? Hmm

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #72 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just noticed that it does now support Apple Lossless, which is a nice add on from the others.

Apple Lossless through Apple stock earbuds = meh. What's the point?

I really think that the earphone control issue will be the deal breaker for Head-fiers. If someone comes up with a small, affordable third-party solution it may have a chance. If the Apple FM radio control that someone else mentioned will solve the problem that's an option as well, but I own one and it's as big as the 2G Shuffle itself. Kinda negates the wonderful miniaturization acheived in this new design, does it not?

IMO this is a very problematic design for anyone who cares about sound fidelity AND form factor AND price point.

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #73 of 278
Hey, I'm a Mac user (with a few iPods), so you won't be able to write off what I'm about to say as coming from anti-Apple guy. That said, my first impression was the same as epithetless, who thought it felt like one of those spoofs.

I was watching the video demonstration on the Apple site and literally laughing my butt off, only because it felt so "Apple Wheel" to me....but, yet, I knew it was for real.

Maybe this one will sink in with me with time....but I don't think so.

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #74 of 278
The point is that most of my music is apple lossless and could not be played AT ALL on old shuffles, unless I did the hocus pocus conversion which left me with 128.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple Lossless through Apple stock earbuds = meh. What's the point?

I really think that the earphone control issue will be the deal breaker for Head-fiers. If someone comes up with a small, affordable third-party solution it may have a chance. If the Apple FM radio control that someone else mentioned will solve the problem that's an option as well, but I own one and it's as big as the 2G Shuffle itself. Kinda negates the wonderful miniaturization acheived in this new design, does it not?

IMO this is a very problematic design for anyone who cares about sound fidelity AND form factor AND price point.

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #75 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The point is that most of my music is apple lossless and could not be played AT ALL on old shuffles, unless I did the hocus pocus conversion which left me with 128.

Quite ironic for you then, because those stock earbuds will make all of your lossless stuff SOUND like 128kb without the hassle of on-the-fly conversion. Hey! It's a *feature*!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back