New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
May 10, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #1,246 of 1,351
1.0.0.9: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2aqdsaziz19tt8n/LPFWPKG_L5Pro_ForV1.0.9.rar?dl=0
1.0.1.0: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhkiaq9mufx5dr6/LPFWPKG_L5Pro_V1.0.1.0.rar?dl=0
Change blog:
1. Fixed playback problem with some DXD and FLAC files with high compression rate.
2. Fixed indexing problems caused by a hidden file created by apple computers.
3. More accurate battery indication.
4. Fixed noise problem when changing between WAV songs.
5. External artwork support.
6. A lot of backend changes prepping the device for upcoming AAC support and maybe touch swiping.(date still TBD)

Warning: Please first upgrade to 1.0.0.9 before 1.0.1.0
You can upgrade to 1.0.0.9 from any firmware version.
Also, don't downgrade from 1.0.1.0 to avoid potential problems.
Sorry for sending it so late, was busy.

May 12, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #1,248 of 1,351
could be my mind playing tricks on me but IMO with the latest FW, resulotion is better and vocal is a tap more fluent than before
if only gapless is here as well
tongue.gif

Can you compare sound of 1.0.1.0 with 1.0.0.5 ?

May 12, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #1,251 of 1,351
  Warning again, don't downgrade from 1.0.1.0

I mean by memory of course,i didnt push anybody to downgrade.

can't say I can...took a 5-week gap as mine needed repair and it came back with 1.0.0.8
but the resolution really went up with 1.0.1.0, and I haven't find flaws with it so don't hesitate to upgrade

I got you,thanks.

May 13, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #1,253 of 1,351
I just received my l5 pro and I have noticed a problem with playback. While playing a track, glitches (like a pause that lasts for only a few milliseconds) will occur intermittently. If I try replaying the track then the glitches don't occur.

Firmware = 1.0.1.0

File type = flac, 24/192

Is it likely that this is an issue with decompressing flac files?

I did not notice these glitches with dsd playback

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #1,255 of 1,351
I finally selected the L5Pro after compared with few others DAPs, including AK300, AK120II, Onkyo DP-X1, OPUS#1, L3, Fiio X7 with AM2.
I really feel the sound from L5Pro is better than others, except the UI and some features really need some improvements. Especially the touch swiping feature.
I also noticed that the track information from SACD ISO file unable to display correctly, I am using Traditional Chinese UI, and I think the track information is in Simplified Chinese. 

I really hope there will be firmware update to be released soon

Jun 10, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #1,256 of 1,351
@raychak this is really interesting to know. were you able to actually listen to all those DAPs you listed when you did the comparison? what sets the L5Pro apart from those DAPs in terms of overall sound quality? thanks.

Jun 10, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #1,257 of 1,351
@raychak
 this is really interesting to know. were you able to actually listen to all those DAPs you listed when you did the comparison? what sets the L5Pro apart from those DAPs in terms of overall sound quality? thanks.

I am from Hong Kong, there are many headfi shops available with many different brands of DAPs for audience. Of course, not all brands available for audience in a shop but it could be done in 2-3 shops.
I did compared DP-X1 and AK300 in a shop and compared AK300 with other DAPs in another shop.

The overall sound from L5pro is more balanced, with better sound stage. Better treble and stage compared with AK300, more details compared to OPUS, better mid to low compared to X7. The only thing that hard to make my decision is the stability and UI. I finally made my decision after compared it with X7 + AM2... The UI of X7 is excellent, smooth and fast, with better display. But again, I double confirmed the sound from X7+AM2 is not my desired style. One more point I voted to L5pro is, I really feel that the hardware in L5pro have more potential to improvement the quality if better firmware released, hopefully.

Jun 10, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #1,258 of 1,351
thank you for the very helpful insights. i'm initially leaning towards the L5Pro then I have found and read about the Aune M2S and M1Pro by Soundaware. So far I have not come across a head-fi user who has heard all three DAPs and compare. Anyway, my search is not over yet....

Jun 19, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #1,259 of 1,351
The sound from L5pro is more smooth and warm after few days of uses. Really hope that there will be new firmware release to support screen swiping and support more file formats.
I really don't know why the L&P not add 2.5 balanced output on the L5pro... but it is on L3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back