New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Jul 10, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #1,262 of 1,351
Are there will be any more firmware updates?

I hope so.  My guess, L3 fw should be next, and maybe then L5 Pro.  Nothing set in stone, just my guess.

Jul 11, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #1,265 of 1,351
There have been on-going development on both L5p and L3. They shares similar software structure so they usually get updated at the same time. Unfortunately there have been some out-of-work issues with the main software developer, so the firmware work was haul for some time. Now hes back to work and we should expect an update later this month.(hopefully?)

Jul 11, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #1,266 of 1,351
  There have been on-going development on both L5p and L3. They shares similar software structure so they usually get updated at the same time. Unfortunately there have been some out-of-work issues with the main software developer, so the firmware work was haul for some time. Now hes back to work and we should expect an update later this month.(hopefully?)

Great to heard that!! Do you know what enhancements will be included in the new firmware? Thanks!

Jul 29, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #1,270 of 1,351
I've never owned a DAP before so I was quite intrigued by the L3 when I first saw it, and the price is really good too. But with all the talk about the firmware being spotty, I'm reconsidering if I should go for it. :confused_face:

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #1,271 of 1,351
I've never owned a DAP before so I was quite intrigued by the L3 when I first saw it, and the price is really good too. But with all the talk about the firmware being spotty, I'm reconsidering if I should go for it.
confused_face.gif

It really depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking a smart device that works similar to your cellphone, but sound better than a phone, L&P devices isn't what you are looking for.

But if you are looking for a portable device with great sound and minimal functionality, then you are good to click purchase button.

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #1,272 of 1,351
It really depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking a smart device that works similar to your cellphone, but sound better than a phone, L&P devices isn't what you are looking for.

But if you are looking for a portable device with great sound and minimal functionality, then you are good to click purchase button.

I'm not expecting a DAP to function like a smartphone, I would just use my smartphone if that were the case. But I'd like its usability to be similar to that of a smartphone since that is what I am using as my daily driver for music on the go. However I've been reading the forum and the L3 thread, and it seems there are still quite a number of issues with the software that people are unhappy about, which is a shame considering all the praise about the sound quality. Perhaps I will wait for the L3 Pro or for the firmware to get better before deciding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back