- May 7, 2014
Coming from the designer who previously created C4, CK4, LP5, and L5, L5 Pro is a new upgraded version from the previous L5. Many aspects of L5 has been greatly improved, including sound quality, build quality, touch screen, UI, and many more. Stay tuned for details below.
This thread has been inherited from Luxury & Precision L5 thread on 2015/09/26.
Now Penonaudio starts to sell L5 Pro: http://penonaudio.com/Luxury-Precision-L5PRO
About The Company:
The company is led by the designer who previously worked at Colorfly and designed C4 & CK4. Now with LP5 and L5 on the market, which some of us enjoyed. L5 Pro is a new subsequent product from L5.
Official website: http://www.luxuryprecision.net/
Another product LP features is Luxury & Precision LP5: http://www.head-fi.org/t/762975/luxury-precision-lp5-32bit-dsd-portable-lossless-music-player-with-akm-ak4414-wooden-backplate-silver-gold-version
Reviews & Impressions:
Headfonia Review: http://www.headfonia.com/review-luxury-precision-l5pro-sound-first/
Twister6 - Head-Fi Review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/luxury-precision-l5-pro-32bit-portable-lossless-music-player/reviews/14254
Cleg - Head-Fi Reivew: http://www.head-fi.org/products/luxury-precision-l5-pro-32bit-portable-lossless-music-player/reviews/14302
Headfonics's Review: http://headfonics.com/2015/11/the-l5pro-dap-by-luxury-precision/
ThePCEnthusiast's Review: http://thepcenthusiast.com/luxury-precision-l5-pro-dap-review/
John Yang - First Impression and Unboxing: http://www.head-fi.org/t/760848/new-and-improved-luxury-precision-l5-pro-32bit-dsd-dap-with-akm-ak4490-touch-screen-rosewood-blackplate/330#post_11937343
Some photos before we jump into the technical details. Sorry for not having these photos translated, my Photoshop skills still kindergarten level. =(
- Display: 3.5-inch IPS display, resolution is 480 * 320, OGS type touch screen.
- Body and buttons Materials: 6 Series aluminum-magnesium alloy, CNC integrated molding process, anodized surface and sand blasting
- Buttons: Play /pause, forward / back, volume knob button, hold/lock button, two customize function buttons (C1, C2)
- Audio interface: 3.5mm gold-plated headphone jack with shielded, 3.5mm line-out (LO) interface /3.5mm coaxial digital output interface, USB DAC interface.
- Five gain-mode to meet various earphones, ultra-low gain, low gain, medium gain, high gain, ultra-high gain. Better adapted to suit any impedance headphones
- L5‘s volume control way is encoder plus professional volume control chip CIRRUS CS3310.
Specification:(might contain incorrect info)
- Master Control Chip: 1812C
- DAC Chip: AKM latest generation VERITA 4490 (DAC supports sampling rates 32BIT 768KHZ, DAC supports up to DSD256)
- USB support sampling rates up to 24 Bit/192Khz(to be supported later through firmware updates)
- Crystal Oscillator: 1PPM TCXO
- Op Amp: Precision
- Headphone Amp: 1812A double crown
- Co-Processor: 1812M supports up 32BIT decoding and hardware solute various DSD format (DIFF, DSF,DAT and ISO format)
- Power Management Chip: 1812P
- Professional Volume Control Chip: CS3310
- PCB: 6 layer 3U dark gold matte black
- Inductance: sun lure closed electromagnetic inductance
- Filter Capacitor: ultra-low ESR MLCC Murata X7S 6.3V100UF
- Buttons: Alpine extra-long life buttons
- Built-in Memory: 32GB only, 24 bit dual channel flash memory optimized for sonic performance.
- Additional Memory Slot: Up to 128gb Micro-SD cards.
- Charging Voltage and Current: the charging voltage 5V, the charge current must be greater than 500mA, recommended more than 1.5A charging current, in order to obtain the fastest charge rate.
- Support format:
- DSD lossless; DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), ISO (DSD)
- PCM Lossless: FLAC, WAV, APE, ALAC, WV (WavPack)
- Compressed Losses: MP3, AAC, WMA.OGG
- NOTE: part of supported format need worked with the later upgrade software
- Battery Life time: about 12 hours
- Dimensions: 123mm * 63mm * 16.9mm.
- Weight: 195g
(*The single/double crown means selecting the chip with best performance result out of 2/5 chips.)
- L5 music player
- Leather Casing (only for launch time I think)
- Micro USB Cable
- Screen protective film
Photos -- Parts:
Photos -- Product:
Photo source: http://www.loxpo.com/thread-2751-1-1.html
Latest Firmware & Change Blog:
The latest firmware are not posted on their official website, but rather in a Chinese online chat group. So I post them here to share with ya all.
1. Fixed library update bugs.
2. Fixed file counting related bugs.
3. Fixed weird interaction with certain FLAC ID3.
4. Added Super Slow Roll-off for digital filter.
1. Fixed rare bug that the battery icon never turn green even it is fully charged.
2. Increased current for charging, it should charge faster now.
3. Fixed song length bug with DSD/iso files.
1. Added USB DAC.
How to update
1. Load the uncompressed file(.iso) into the on-board memory of L5 Pro.
2. Restart L5 Pro.
3. There will be a special screen asking you whether to update, touch the bottom on the left(yes).
Price & Purchase Source:
The official price is set to be 4999RMB/32GB (Roughly 800USD depending on the currency rate)
Currently, only a Chinese merchant site call jd.com started selling L5 Pro. I believe Penonaudio will start selling them soon, maybe early October.
Exchange L5 to L5 Pro:
There is an exchange for L5 to L5 Pro for a very low cost.(less than 1000 RMB, or ~150 USD) The exchange for Chinese users is already happening. The exchange for international users will take place some time in late October, more details on the exchange: