New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Apr 2, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #34 of 1,351
any suggestion on where to buy this DAP?
At Penon audio is out of stock, buying at TaoBao looks like a mountain to climb.....

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #35 of 1,351
At Penon audio is out of stock, buying at TaoBao looks like a mountain to climb.....

L5 was released less than 3 months ago in China and not many people outside China knows about it. I'd suggest you drop Penonaudio an email. They are known to be responsive and eager to help. I suspect they don't replenish their L5 stock because there's no demand for it. 

Apr 4, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #36 of 1,351

I was wondering about that too, so I asked about LP and they said that Pennaudio was not asking for further shipments after their sold out on their first wave. Maybe if some of you can send Pennaudio an email and ask for restocking, they might listen and offer more stock of L5.

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #37 of 1,351
Is there any English official website ? http://www.luxuryprecision.net/

Seems like a good product but lacking in support ? I might consider this over Ak120ii/AK100ii since it's lot cheaper.

And anyone knows if it comes with the cradle ?

Apr 5, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #38 of 1,351
  Seems like a good product but lacking in support ? 

As far as I know, they haven't yet appointed any official re-seller/distributor outside China. I doubt it is anywhere in their focus or priority list at this stage. After all they have a huge domestic market to keep themselves busy for a while. So I am afraid the only support that English speaking users outside China like us can expect will only be from kind-hearted fellow L5 users in this particular thread at Headfi.  

This thread was branched out of the "Obscure Chinese DAPs" thread and I believe we all know that buying "obscure" products from overseas is not for the faint-hearted, but we are all warriors, explorers and adventurers, aren't we? 
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 5, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #39 of 1,351
Give them sometime guys, the company is also relatively new.
I have spoken to them trying to get more of their attentions for us western users, the head designer think that they should wait a few week until the firmware consolidates then "officially" start selling to us.
Meanwhile I will try to ask for a possible product tour so some of you can try it out before making purchases.
I agree with you guys as L5 is such a killer at this price range.

Apr 5, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #40 of 1,351
I am glad you have a privileged access to someone as important as the head designer, John. Hopefully they will have someone high up later coming to Headfi just like Fiio and Cayin. See we have Thomas from Cayin and James from Fiio coming regularly to Headfi responding to posts. Both of them are big bosses. Their presence here at Headfi are very reassuring and highly praised.   Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I think Joe Bloggs is some technical big cheese from Fiio.

Apr 5, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #41 of 1,351
  Meanwhile I will try to ask for a possible product tour so some of you can try it out before making purchases.

That's going to be awesome! Don't forget also to get some good reviewers to a hands-on. For this, I nominate my brothers (from another mother), @twister6 and @Hisoundfi . They both have fanatical followers. 

Apr 5, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #42 of 1,351
  I am glad you have a privileged access to someone as important as the head designer, John. Hopefully they will have someone high up later coming to Headfi just like Fiio and Cayin. See we have Thomas from Cayin and James from Fiio coming regularly to Headfi responding to posts. Both of them are big bosses. Their presence here at Headfi are very reassuring and highly praised.   Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I think Joe Bloggs is some technical big cheese from Fiio.

Ofc, keeping in touch with customers(or fans) is always a great way to know public opinions on their product. Not to mention it is also great marketing and PR.
Big thumb up for great communications from these two companies

Apr 6, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #43 of 1,351

I was wondering about that too, so I asked about LP and they said that Pennaudio was not asking for further shipments after their sold out on their first wave. Maybe if some of you can send Pennaudio an email and ask for restocking, they might listen and offer more stock of L5.

hi dear friend
we will let you know once we have it in stock
have a nice day 

Ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com//bigbargainonline
Business days: from Monday to Saturday.
Business time: from 10.00AM to 7.00 PM(HongKong time)

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #45 of 1,351
What you have supplied is welcome and complete although if SQ is affected this needs to be added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back