New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Mar 21, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #1,219 of 1,351
So the statement about the newest firmware is that,

"Since it brings some backend changes to the system, it is safest to update while charging. Also, wait a few seconds before ejecting the device to avoid corrupted firmware file"

There is also some playback bugs, it will soon be fixed in a hot-fix firmware.

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #1,221 of 1,351
  New firmware update,

1.0.0.8: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb6yvmj5zw4f5ko/LPFWPKG_L5Pro_V1.0.0.8.rar?dl=0
Change-blog:
1. More responsive volume control.
2. Added support for DSD128/DXD and 384Khz/32bit WAV/FLAC files.
3. Added play mode and play status visuals.
4. Fixed some compatibility issues with Mac computers messing up song count.
5. Now it has more accurate battery indicator.
6. Max songs limit increase to 6000.
7. USB DAC now has delay setting, power setting, and sample rate unlock up to 192Khz/24bit.
8. Fixed multiple bugs with music file tagging. (please use library update after updating the firmware)
9. Some more minor bug fixes and system backend changes.

AAC support and touch-swiping will most likely come with the next update.

PS. I have heard this firmware made sound a lot cleaner.

Wow. Touch-Swiping. I can't wait :)

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #1,223 of 1,351
I'm contemplating on these DAPs right now based on my readings here at HF: L5Pro vs Aune M2S vs Soundaware M1Pro. I currently have the Plenue 1 and looking to upgrade purely on SQ. Willing to trade actually if SQ is that amazing. I know the P1 has the best EQ of the bunch but even with it, can any of these DAPs overrule the P1 in terms of SQ alone? I will be only using earbuds with my DAP of choice, FYI. Thanks.

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #1,226 of 1,351
I'm contemplating on these DAPs right now based on my readings here at HF: L5Pro vs Aune M2S vs Soundaware M1Pro. I currently have the Plenue 1 and looking to upgrade purely on SQ. Willing to trade actually if SQ is that amazing. I know the P1 has the best EQ of the bunch but even with it, can any of these DAPs overrule the P1 in terms of SQ alone? I will be only using earbuds with my DAP of choice, FYI. Thanks.

Anyone here?

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #1,227 of 1,351
Anyone here?

I have never listen to a Plenue 1 but maybe we have both listened to the chord mojo? 
I had the mojo before the l5pro but I opted to trade the mojo away since I enjoyed listening to the l5pro more.
Im guessing you already tried getting a impression on the Aune or Soundawhare fourm?

here is a quote from zman123 on the Questyle fourm
"How does it compare to the competition???
Cowon Plenue P1 (I have it). The Cowon was my favorite DAP until I bought the Luxury & Precision L5 pro and now the QP1R.
The Cowon is very nice and has a very nice UI and the sound is truly excellent, especially with Jet Effect 7 (built in with the EQ functionality). Definitely not a DAP to pass by. I have had it for 6 months and I have not had a problem yet and it has quite a bit of power.
Not quite as much as the QP1R or the L&P L5pro much less the Acoustic Research AR-M2 which is a beast when it comes to power and also has terrific sound quality and resolution. It will power anything you throw at it. 
Now:
QP1R vs Cowon Plenue P1:  Tough choice but since they essentially in the same price range in the US, the QP1R is the better sounding and better looking DAP IMHO. The Cowon UI is a little nicer but it only has 1 SD card slot up to 128gb and 64gb internal which is technically enough. The QP1R just has such a clean and neutral presentation with a better and faster overall sonic attack in the MID and Treble region. The Cowon presents more low end bass, but the QP1R using the EQ gets quite nice without being too bass heavy and "Boomy sounding". I personally look for SQ and resolution along with a nice all around sound stage which it does very nicely, but a lot depends on the headphones as well. So, if I had to choose just one, it would be the QP1R w/o any hesitation.

QP1R vs L&P L5pro: This is a tougher one to choose. Both are really fabulous. Both have exceptioanl SQ and overall resolution and imaging. The L5pro a little more on the warm side but not by much so it is nice to have both units. UI is more developed on the QP1R. L5pro has a few more bugs to iron out and needs an adjustable EQ. Right now it only has preset options (rock, jazz, classical, etc). I use rock as I find it suits a wider array of genre. also a nicely built and solid DAP but it is NOT the QP1R. The Questyle takes this category against all comers in my opinion, even goes straight head to head with the Astel & Kern players. So, in my opinion the winner overall is the QP1R. "

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #1,228 of 1,351
thanks Picto! have read that already and i actually pm'ed the guy who made the quote but did not get a response. that's the best suited comparison that i have read here so far between the P1, L5pro & QP1R. I have been looking forever here who has all those DAPs including the Aune & M1Pro. My only hesitation with L&P is the general consensus about the buggy fw. The P1 aside from the good SQ has a very sleek and functional UI. If the fw will be ironed out and those known bugs fixed then I will not have 2nd thoughts to shift. But and this is if it's really that worthy, if the SQ is really that good even without EQ against the Cowon then I will easily take the L5Pro in a wink. Sorry but have not heard the Mojo but people here say that it identically sounds like the P1 and M1 Analog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back