New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Nov 17, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #751 of 1,351
Chop chop, one more passenger has aboard the L5P band wagon
deadhorse.gif

Remember to burn-in for roughly 200 hours, it would sound even better!.

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #753 of 1,351
Make that two more, John. Bought from Penon Audio and DHL tracking confirmed today. First L5 Pro in the Scottish Highlands?

Really looking forward to hearing this DAP. Will temporarily pair with my Final Audio Design Heaven 1V in-ears. Hoping my L5 Pro might drive my new ZMF Blackstones* which should arrive c end of December.

I haven't found any amp output power specs for the L5 Pro so hoping for good news on that one - but I also own a Cayin C5 portable amp which I like and might provide a juice boost if necessary. If not, the Blackwoods will be reserved for balanced output of my desktop Yulong DA8 / A28 combo.

Either way, happy ear-days anticipated

smily_headphones1.gif

albaman

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #754 of 1,351
As unfortunately nobody replied to my Post 702, I ask again if there is - beside L5pro and the old LP5 - another DAP of Luxery&Precision named L5plus. Any information welcomed before going for the L5pro ...

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #755 of 1,351
  Make that two more, John. Bought from Penon Audio and DHL tracking confirmed today. First L5 Pro in the Scottish Highlands?

Really looking forward to hearing this DAP. Will temporarily pair with my Final Audio Design Heaven 1V in-ears. Hoping my L5 Pro might drive my new ZMF Blackstones* which should arrive c end of December.

I haven't found any amp output power specs for the L5 Pro so hoping for good news on that one - but I also own a Cayin C5 portable amp which I like and might provide a juice boost if necessary. If not, the Blackwoods will be reserved for balanced output of my desktop Yulong DA8 / A28 combo.

smily_headphones1.gif

albaman

Trust me, you don't need C5, L5 Pro will provide plenty of power!

Once you get it, please share your impressions
beerchug.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #757 of 1,351

smily_headphones1.gif

albaman

I believe c5 has slightly more power than L5 Pro, but as long as you are not using power-hunger headphones on the move, L5 Pro will definitely fill your shoes. 

Plus L5 Pro has 5 gain settings which is great when adjusting between different IEMs and headphones. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #758 of 1,351
  As unfortunately nobody replied to my Post 702, I ask again if there is - beside L5pro and the old LP5 - another DAP of Luxery&Precision named L5plus. Any information welcomed before going for the L5pro ...

The L5 Plus is a Japanese model, with small changes to the packaging/tuning targeting the Japanese market, nothing to concern with, you will be happy enough with the L5 Pro.
tongue.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #759 of 1,351
Thank you @JohnYang.
I'm sure that it sounds great but I still have hesitation concerning its UI and the display. Is its display easily readable outdoors, even in bright sunlight? I'm asking because I haven't seen any of the touch screen displays of the new gen DAPs yet... and my Fiio X5 bothers me in that way, though having physical buttons at least ...
tongue.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #760 of 1,351
There are 5 screen brightness setting for L5 Pro, I usually use level 2 or 3 for bright office environment. I am sure level 5 can deal with most out door situation, maybe not as well as the newest Samsung smartphones with super high brightness, but it would be readable. 

L5 Pro offers plenty of physical buttons for full manual control, I actually know friends who did that on L5, but hey why not take the full advantage of the touch screen? 
wink_face.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #761 of 1,351
@JohnYang Thank you again. This is good news. Of course, if there is a decent touchscreen, navigation should be made this way ... but this could get quit tricky when brightness of the screen should be lacking. Hopefully Massdrop is starting a drop soon ....

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #764 of 1,351
Update:
L5pro + Hugo on DSD playback is very very stable (white light on Hugo)
This thing is up there and has the potential to blow any $2000up priced dap out of the water.
Stand alone, this is in the league of the lotoo Paw gold - ak240 - ak380 - qp1r
Also rather that wait for mass drop, why not arrange a group buy here (around 5peeps the least) and see if you can get a discount. Is this possible John? Just my 2cents.
This L5pro SINGS!!! :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back