New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Nov 19, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #766 of 1,351

Voted, that makes seven so far.

I'm no expert of Massdrop, but it seems that there have been two votings started:

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Das-DAP/result

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/-Product-Luxury-Precision-L5-PRO

confused.gif

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #768 of 1,351
What did the white light mean? And does Hugo bring much extra to the party....I'm doubting the mojo does?

White light means full DSD resolution. Some daps have difficulty in achieving the white light.
Bass is more natural, tighter with an accurate decay. Male and female vocals are more pronounced with the Hugo. Treble is well extended. Staging is greatly improved.
As per the mojo, based on the feedbacks from friends, it will add body to the mids. Bottom and top may not be as good as the Hugo. :blush:

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #769 of 1,351
White light means full DSD resolution. Some daps have difficulty in achieving the white light.
Bass is more natural, tighter with an accurate decay. Male and female vocals are more pronounced with the Hugo. Treble is well extended. Staging is greatly improved.
As per the mojo, based on the feedbacks from friends, it will add body to the mids. Bottom and top may not be as good as the Hugo. :blush:

Could be perfect for me as my TH900 excels with bass and treble being assistance in the mids....you saying mojo helps with that area too or just Hugo?

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #770 of 1,351

Voted, that makes seven so far.

I'm no expert of Massdrop, but it seems that there have been two votings started:

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Das-DAP/result

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/-Product-Luxury-Precision-L5-PRO

confused.gif

Good catch, hopefully they will combine the two. I voted on the one I didn't vote on just now. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #771 of 1,351
Update:
L5pro + Hugo on DSD playback is very very stable (white light on Hugo)
This thing is up there and has the potential to blow any $2000up priced dap out of the water.
Stand alone, this is in the league of the lotoo Paw gold - ak240 - ak380 - qp1r
Also rather that wait for mass drop, why not arrange a group buy here (around 5peeps the least) and see if you can get a discount. Is this possible John? Just my 2cents.
This L5pro SINGS!!! :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

Maybe.

PS. L5 Pro pairs up quite nicely with Hugo! But for IEMs I usually prefer the sound directly from L5 Pro.

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #773 of 1,351
I'm guessing the LP5 is better fit full size headphones for one box solution...

Indeed, LP5 is a bit more powerful than L5 Pro for sure. 

Now all we need is a mixture L5 Pro's modern design/user experience and LP5's powerhouse for the ultimate on the move DAP. 
wink.gif

Meanwhile, I am happy with my L5 Pro, plenty of power to drive IEMs and my T5p.

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #776 of 1,351
Indeed, LP5 is a bit more powerful than L5 Pro for sure. 

Now all we need is a mixture L5 Pro's modern design/user experience and LP5's powerhouse for the ultimate on the move DAP. :wink:

Meanwhile, I am happy with my L5 Pro, plenty of power to drive IEMs and my T5p.

Assuming power comes from the amp...why didn't they use the same one in each player? Shame....

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #777 of 1,351
Assuming power comes from the amp...why didn't they use the same one in each player? Shame....

Size/Battery factors? If these are non-issues, I am sure no one would ever buy a desktop DAC/AMP when we can just build them into small packages. 

Plus, the digital portion of the DAP requires a lot of power, especially for Android devices. This is pretty much why you hardly see an Android device with the combination of high power output, long battery life, and slim body. This is why LP5 is designed to have a simplistic user interface(just like your C4) to save all the extra juices for analog output, while L5 Pro is more balanced. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #778 of 1,351
Size/Battery factors? If these are non-issues, I am sure no one would ever buy a desktop DAC/AMP when we can just build them into small packages. 

Plus, the digital portion of the DAP requires a lot of power, especially for Android devices. This is pretty much why you hardly see an Android device with the combination of high power output, long battery life, and slim body. This is why LP5 is designed to have a simplistic user interface(just like your C4) to save all the extra juices for analog output, while L5 Pro is more balanced. 

Fair enough....

Nov 20, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #779 of 1,351
Here is the minor firmware I was talking about few days ago. 

1.0.0.4: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3ysr0w44kzsvun/LPFWPKG_L5Pro_V1.0.0.4B.rar?dl=0
Change Blog:
1. Fixed library update bugs.
2. Fixed file counting related bugs. 
3. Fixed weird interaction with certain FLAC ID3. 
4. Added Super Slow Roll-off for digital filter. 

Also, if the library sorting stopped working after the firmware update, just use library update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back