New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Nov 10, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #722 of 1,351
join the L5Pro family today 
beerchug.gif
  not gonna take photos yet coz I'll be waiting for my prestige Noble K10 once I place my order at the end of this month and yes I'm gonna pay and rush it (Christmas & birthday*wink*)

Let the burn-in begin
cool.gif

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #724 of 1,351
  join the L5Pro family today 
beerchug.gif
  not gonna take photos yet coz I'll be waiting for my prestige Noble K10 once I place my order at the end of this month and yes I'm gonna pay and rush it (Christmas & birthday*wink*)

Let the burn-in begin
cool.gif

Welcome SillyChili, make sure you share your thoughts with us! Did you get your L5Pro from Penon?

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #725 of 1,351

Welcome SillyChili, make sure you share your thoughts with us! Did you get your L5Pro from Penon?

nah I'm living in Hong Kong. 
atsmile.gif

right now I would like to see which play mode I'm in on the 'Now Playing' screen (or probably on the top info bar)
btw do you have any info regarding 'gapless' ? quite a few of my albums need that function bad...

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #726 of 1,351
  nah I'm living in Hong Kong. 
atsmile.gif

right now I would like to see which play mode I'm in on the 'Now Playing' screen (or probably on the top info bar)
btw do you have any info regarding 'gapless' ? quite a few of my albums need that function bad...

I think the two feature you mentioned are some where down the road for firmware updates.

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #727 of 1,351
Was spending some time with friend's edition8 on L5Pro.

The synergy between the two was way better than I thought. I have friends claiming ED8 had over brighten treble and lacking bass response, but it doesn't seem like case with L5 Pro. Treble was bright but very smooth, and bass has quite some body but lacking some bass extensive for sure. I felt like L5 Pro had just enough power to drive ED8, the sound was very "full" when comparing to the less-well-driven T5P on L5P.  The sound stage presentation does something funny, it is quite hard to describe, but it has a very different presentation when comparing to other headphones(hard to say it is good or bad). Maybe something with this S-Logic?

Rock music and female vocals were great on ED8 on L5P, would make a great office combo. Too bad my ears are too large for the ear cup, and ED8 keep compressing my ears when they are on. =( T5P on the other hand is much more comfortable for long listening session.

But the sound synergy would make me recommend this eye-candy combo for L5P/ED8 users.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #728 of 1,351
Was spending some time with friend's edition8 on L5Pro.

The synergy between the two was way better than I thought. I have friends claiming ED8 had over brighten treble and lacking bass response, but it doesn't seem like case with L5 Pro. Treble was bright but very smooth, and bass has quite some body but lacking some bass extensive for sure. I felt like L5 Pro had just enough power to drive ED8, the sound was very "full" when comparing to the less-well-driven T5P on L5P.  The sound stage presentation does something funny, it is quite hard to describe, but it has a very different presentation when comparing to other headphones(hard to say it is good or bad). Maybe something with this S-Logic?

Rock music and female vocals were great on ED8 on L5P, would make a great office combo. Too bad my ears are too large for the ear cup, and ED8 keep compressing my ears when they are on. =( T5P on the other hand is much more comfortable for long listening session.

But the sound synergy would make me recommend this eye-candy combo for L5P/ED8 users. :rolleyes:  

Hi...are you saying the ED8 is nicer looking than T5p?
Were you also saying the T5p are harder to drive, by saying they were less well driven?

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #729 of 1,351
Hi...are you saying the ED8 is nicer looking than T5p?
Were you also saying the T5p are harder to drive, by saying they were less well driven?

Hey, I actually like the look and construction on T5p better, but objectively I would expect many would love ED8's more luxury looks.

T5p is definitely harder to drive than ED8. Although ED8 require a higher volume level(by just a bit) to reach the same output level comparing T5p, T5p was benefited much more with an external/desktop amp than ED8. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #730 of 1,351
Just saw some performance test results for L5 Pro in the chat group posted by Mr.Wan, he said the test was done under 32-ohm lord, with THD of 0.0027% and SNR of 112 dB.

Here are some screenshot of the test result, I honestly have no idea what they mean, just wanted to share you guys and maybe some Head-Fiers familiar with these tests can give some insights.
rolleyes.gif

Edit: May need to click into the image to see clearly though.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #731 of 1,351
Basically means that distortion is way below audibility thresholds, and the noise floor is really low.

Both excellent signs.

If Mr Wan could provide output power measurements into
16 ohm
32 ohm
300 ohm
it would be very handy.

Also - do we know the impedance from the headphone out?

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #732 of 1,351
The output Vrms for L5 Pro is 2.4v for High gain, and 3.0v for Ultra High Gain. (I do not know the ones for medium and low, but it should be subsequently lower.)

Therefore, the calculated output power would be(roughly)
On High:
16 ohm: 360mw
32 ohm: 180mw

On Ultra High:
16 ohm: 563mw
32 ohm: 280mw

It is calculated so it might vary a bit with the real result, I thought Paul you have the equipment to test these.

The output impedance is less than 50 milli-ohm.

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #733 of 1,351
Thanks John. I possibly do have the equipment but not the knowledge :wink:

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #734 of 1,351
Just wondering if anyone is interested for a massdrop of L5 Pro?
rolleyes.gif
Wonder if it is worth it to go through some troubles, here is a link for L5 Pro Massdrop campaign if someone is interested but haven't vote for it.
https://www.massdrop.com/vote/-Product-Luxury-Precision-L5-PRO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back