New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Nov 4, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #691 of 1,351
  Hi John,

They have already formatted in FAT 32 for both internal and SD memory. And it is also updated to 1.0.0.3. latest version firmware But it still cannot get the song information and album photo in flac file.
Same file is tested in other brands player and it is working fine. Should I need to re do the procedure above once again?
Thank you very much and appreciated your great help!  

Alex

Is this with a number of your flac files or just one?

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #692 of 1,351
Hi John,

I have used wav format in other players before but I understood that L5 Pro is not support album photo in folder.
So I ripped a CD once again in flac format for testing. There are 15 songs and all of them have same issue. No information no photos and just look like using wav format . But those flac files' information and ablum photo is working fine in other players.
Thanks a lot!

Alex

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #693 of 1,351
  Hi John,

I have used wav format in other players before but I understood that L5 Pro is not support album photo in folder.
So I ripped a CD once again in flac format for testing. There are 15 songs and all of them have same issue. No information no photos and just look like using wav format . But those flac files' information and ablum photo is working fine in other players.
Thanks a lot!

Alex

Hi Alex,

Since you ripped your own files, I suppose that is a conflict between L5 Pro and the rip method/software you used. From my knowledge, L5 Pro extracts information from ID3 within the music files, and it works with my downloaded files. I guess maybe you can use another method/software to rip or convert format(even flac to flac) by using powerful tools like foobar might fix the problem.

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #696 of 1,351
A new review of the L5 Pro is up via ThePCEnthusiast.
beerchug.gif

The review can be read here: Luxury & Precision L5 Pro DAP Review

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #697 of 1,351
Thanks for sharing. There's not much on "sound" though, is there?
I'm still waiting till the FW/UI is updated before publishing anything on it. I have started using the Fiio X7 as well now, I didn't like it at first but it's sounding quite nice now. And on top of that, the UI is really good (Android)

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #698 of 1,351
Still waiting for firmware update as well, and other gear to compare it with. Entry level DAP don't stand a chance. I saw Onkyo/Pioneer's new DAP and in terms of features I think it will blew most DAP away. The Fiio X7 may not stand a chance. Not sure about the sound quality though.

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #701 of 1,351
Not yet - just presets

Nov 7, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #702 of 1,351
According to Currwong's photo taken at the last Festival in Tokyo (Part 2) of Luxery&Precision there is, beside L5pro and the older LP5, also a model named L5plus . Is this a new one?
Further you can see, that the display's resolution of L5pro (and L5plus) might be just as 480x320. I find this not much compared to competitors resolutions (often 800x480). Can anybody confirm this? So what is the overall quality of the L5pros's display especially in terms of brightness. Is it possible to operate L5pro easily in bright daylight? As I'm seriously interested in L5pro I'd be thankful for any further Information.
Btw this was my first post at Head-Fi. Hello to everybody and please excuse the poor quality of my English.
Anook

Nov 7, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #703 of 1,351
I'm still waiting till the FW/UI is updated before publishing anything on it. I have started using the Fiio X7 as well now, I didn't like it at first but it's sounding quite nice now. And on top of that, the UI is really good (Android)

Out of curiosity, what is it about the sound of the X7 that you didn't like initially and what changed for you to like it now?

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #704 of 1,351

Out of curiosity, what is it about the sound of the X7 that you didn't like initially and what changed for you to like it now?

I can't speak for Lieven, but have a good feeling we are aligned on this answer which has to do with the latest fw change that introduced some sound improvement, though the one from a few days ago took a little step back...

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #705 of 1,351

I can't speak for Lieven, but have a good feeling we are aligned on this answer which has to do with the latest fw change that introduced some sound improvement, though the one from a few days ago took a little step back...

Can't say I've noticed any real sonic differences between firmware releases. The current one sounds pretty darn good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back