New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Apr 20, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #106 of 1,351
Landed at home!!!!
Mini unboxing

this DAP looks better live than on pics: rock solid and elegant at same time.
Already upgraded FW 1.0.0.4, testing now with LCD3F (great) - HE560 (not totally convinced) - Beyer T51 (outstanding)
of course too early to judge: will let him run for few days before shooting a sentence

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #109 of 1,351
@alec66 We are family now, I am your brother and @rontant is your sister:D:D:D

My HE560 with L5 doesnt sound too great, not enough power to drive.

wiil say Mummy and Daddy???

LOLOLOL
biggrin.gif

p.s. Seen a new FW release 1.0.1.5: http://www.luxuryprecision.net/download.html

Cheers from sunny Sorrento Coast/Italy!!!

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #111 of 1,351

p.s. Seen a new FW release 1.0.1.5: http://www.luxuryprecision.net/download.html

Cheers from sunny Sorrento Coast/Italy!!!

That FW is for LP5, not L5.

Sorento Coast sounds like a paradise. I'll google for it later. By the way, nice photos and .... nice house too.

I was initially going for Mummy and Daddy, but then I thought it might sound offensive to you and Rontant might not accept his Mummy role
wink.gif

Hey, I will accept whatever role if the price is right. LP5 with Aune B1 amp will be good.

My HE560 with L5 doesnt sound too great, not enough power to drive.

Cayin C5 has plenty of power. 

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #112 of 1,351
Sorento Coast(and Italy) looks like a perfect place for a summer trip, I am planning my summer trip right now and I am not sure where to go.

I have other desktop amps to drive HE560 with, but I hardly listen to headphones now, speaker system>headphone system at home anyway
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #113 of 1,351
  That's good to know. Its older sister LP5 costs about $100 more and supposedly to have a better SQ, so I can't imagine how good SQ of LP5 is.

I've heard the LP5 Gold before...

And really.. as a fan of jazz, classical, and oldies... LP5 Gold is the best sounding DAP (without connecting to an external amp) i've heard to date. Very very low noise floor, black background, every single nuances in my music is heard; even some of my live recordings for classical music, i could hear people coughing very very faintly.. which i didnt know it was present previously.

I am known to be quite a nitpicker... but LP5 sound simply just made me question the other players we have in the market. But of course.. the major downside of it is the UI. LOL.

I have yet to hear the L5 myself, and i would like to hear it if i ever have the chance to hear.

Apr 26, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #115 of 1,351
Hence, they've produced L5!!! hahaha to rectify UI concern

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #120 of 1,351

I am known to be quite a nitpicker... but LP5 sound simply just made me question the other players we have in the market. But of course.. the major downside of it is the UI. LOL.

I have yet to hear the L5 myself, and i would like to hear it if i ever have the chance to hear.

Seems like LP5's major downside is its UI and control, doubt they can improve them too much with just 5 buttons and small screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back