New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
May 6, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #138 of 1,351
Custom coaxial cable for L5
(Composition Kimber Kable hyper pure varistrand)
Tested it with my friend's Hugo and the pairing is great. Sound Quality is exceptional. Top Tier sound.

May 6, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #139 of 1,351
Thanks for the info JohnYang & r3n88.

Still have not decided to get the L5, just got a second hand hugo which sounds great.
Dont want to spend another lot of money and be disappointed - I have a Hifiman HM901 great sound but poor ui and I have problems that when the music plays I loose the start of the track seems to jump in, maybe their gapless software problem.
Look at the Fiio X3K looks good.

May 6, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #140 of 1,351
The new x3k looks legit, but I think x3k and L5 are at different price points aiming for different customers.
I own a Hugo as well, but Hugo doesn't seem to have the upper hand powering IEMs than L5. So I usually use L5 as my portable rig.

May 6, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #141 of 1,351
  Thanks for the info JohnYang & r3n88.

Still have not decided to get the L5, just got a second hand hugo which sounds great.
Dont want to spend another lot of money and be disappointed - I have a Hifiman HM901 great sound but poor ui and I have problems that when the music plays I loose the start of the track seems to jump in, maybe their gapless software problem.
Look at the Fiio X3K looks good.

The new x3k looks legit, but I think x3k and L5 are at different price points aiming for different customers.
I own a Hugo as well, but Hugo doesn't seem to have the upper hand powering IEMs than L5. So I usually use L5 as my portable rig.

The Fiio X3K and the L5 are two totally different animals, different sound signature, UI, price point etc. I might prefer the L5 with its neutral sound signature (and higher price) than the X3K which I found to be too..... aggressive if that's the right word. The mids was pushed too forward, probably in an attempt to reveal more details, but that just made the presentation of the song weird to my ears. I could tell it wasn't for me just under a minute of listening.

May 7, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #144 of 1,351
This also happened to some owners of L5 in China. For some of the touch screen units of L5, if you apply enough pressure(estimation, not sure 100% what caused it) on to  the screen, the screen will generate those weird spots like in your photos.

May 7, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #145 of 1,351
I just noticed it the next day after taking it with me in a 7.5 hour long flight. I put it in my hand carry bag though and didn't turn it on during the flight. Well, I think I can live with this defect as long as the battery indicator is not completely gone.

May 7, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #148 of 1,351
@JohnYang do you happen to know if a future firmware update will allow for use of the micro usb slot as a means to increase storage? By using an otg cable or meenova card reader for example..

Thanks

May 7, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #150 of 1,351
@JohnYang do you happen to know if a future firmware update will allow for use of the micro usb slot as a means to increase storage? By using an otg cable or meenova card reader for example..

Thanks

Since LP build their OS from ground up, such functionality should be programmable. But I doubt they have something like that in mind at the moment. With micro sd you can have 128gb+ of storage already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back