New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Apr 27, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #121 of 1,351
@JohnYang. Since u have contact with the development team. Shall we make an improvement list for the L5?

Yes, I would love to conduct such list to the development team. I have a few things that I wish that could be better.

The new firmware should be coming later this week, for the USB DAC and better touch screen experience i mentioned earlier, the tag/sorting update should come next month.

Apr 28, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #122 of 1,351

Seems like LP5's major downside is its UI and control, doubt they can improve them too much with just 5 buttons and small screen.

I disagree. The screen is HUGE compared to screens like my AK100MK2. And you can have a perfect UI with just the touch screen alone like on iPhone (which I prefer) and smartphones, not to mention with 5 additional buttons to play around with. 

The only problem is right now, the touchscreen responsiveness is so bad that most of the time, using the buttons is faster.

I think the general UI and button controls are already pretty good, just need fine tuning like in the area of responsiveness, lagginess, and also adding new functions, which I'm sure alot of us here have suggestions on lol.

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #124 of 1,351

I disagree. The screen is HUGE compared to screens like my AK100MK2. And you can have a perfect UI with just the touch screen alone like on iPhone (which I prefer) and smartphones, not to mention with 5 additional buttons to play around with. 

The only problem is right now, the touchscreen responsiveness is so bad that most of the time, using the buttons is faster.

I think the general UI and button controls are already pretty good, just need fine tuning like in the area of responsiveness, lagginess, and also adding new functions, which I'm sure alot of us here have suggestions on lol.

Bro, we were talking about LP5, not L5. Don't get confused.

LP5 had the UI shaped like a Singapore 50 cent coin.

Whereas L5 is... the newer one, smart phone like screen.

Apr 28, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #126 of 1,351

Oops sorry my bad! 

The screen on the LP5 is a touchscreen?

LP5 screen isn't touchscreen...

think of it as a rockboxed UI version of sansa clip zip, but slightly bigger screen.

Apr 28, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #127 of 1,351
Apr 29, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #128 of 1,351
I find myself using my Fiio X5 more often than my L5 just because X5 has the "Shuffle All" and "M3UP Playlist" functions. Initially I thought after buying L5 I would sell away my X5 and X1, but now I am not sure anymore. I just wish L&P would put more efforts adding these features. 

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #130 of 1,351
To me, the sluggish touch screen and the absence of scrolling don't bother me since I can use the buttons to navigate. It is the lack of features that I long for (i.e. "Shuffle All" and importable "M3UP" playlist) that prevents L5 from becoming my daily DAP.  

May 3, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #131 of 1,351
Help.
I was tryin to connect the L5 to Hugo via coaxial but the Hugo is not detecting the L5.
The spdif setting has already been turned on.
I this still being developed?
I have no problem connecting the Dx90 to the Hugo.
Responses are much appreciated. TIA

May 3, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #132 of 1,351
Help.
I was tryin to connect the L5 to Hugo via coaxial but the Hugo is not detecting the L5.
The spdif setting has already been turned on.
I this still being developed?
I have no problem connecting the Dx90 to the Hugo.
Responses are much appreciated. TIA

Are you using the same cable from dx90? Since L5's LO and SPDIF out are combine into one port, it required a 4-pole 3.5mm plug and each pole is left -- right -- SPDIF -- Ground. The cable from DX90 doesn't work as it's data transmission pole are located where the L5‘s left--right pole is.

May 3, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #134 of 1,351
This is a very good sounding DAP. This sounds much much better than the x5, dx90 & ak100ii and may even be better than the AK120ii's musical presentation.
I just hope the responsiveness of the touchscreen improves.
Out of the box:
Build is solid. Looks and feels very elegant.
UI is slow. Will have to load the latest UI. AK ui is superior to this.
SQ out of the box:
Neutral presentation and may be a bit laid back for some. Metal and string sounds absolutely fine.
Very good depth, sounstage and instrumentation.
Bass and tonality superb! Very natural sounding dap. Very detailed but far from being analytical. Overall, I'm impressed.
This DAP belongs to the Top of the range in terms of Sound Quality and Capability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back