New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Feb 7, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #1,126 of 1,351
Sorry for asking a noobs question, but what's your experience with L&P customer service in case there are something wrong with the players? I guess we have to send it to China?
Also, I'm curious if the battery can be replaced...

Feb 7, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #1,127 of 1,351
  Sorry for asking a noobs question, but what's your experience with L&P customer service in case there are something wrong with the players? I guess we have to send it to China?
Also, I'm curious if the battery can be replaced...

As a reviewer, I get my "customer service" directly from John who goes above and beyond considering he is not even associated or employed by L&P, and rather a very loyal supporter and fan!!!

Otherwise, you will have to deal with a vendor who sold it to you, either Penon or Shenzhenaudio or whoever.  When you are a dealing with one of the authorized vendors, they will handle warranty claims.  In my personal experience, Penon is among the best to deal with.

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #1,128 of 1,351
Thanks for the response twister6! 
I don't live in the US so I cann't rely on these vendors... Right now I'm thinking about one of the DAPs from L&P, specially the upcoming L3 but reliability and customer service are big concerns for me.

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #1,129 of 1,351
I don't live in the US so I cann't rely on these vendors... Right now I'm thinking about one of the DAPs from L&P, specially the upcoming L3 but reliability and customer service are big concerns for me.

Those are Chinese vendors, not US :wink:  But Penon takes care of their customers around the world, though I can't guarantee when they are going to have L3 in stock and how much it will cost.  L3 is IGG project now.  You need to talk to Danny in that thread to figure out how the returns are being handled since he is a vendor in this case working directly with distributors in China.  Either way, you won't have to deal with L&P directly, there is always a middle person.

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #1,130 of 1,351

From my experience with L&P's customer service directly, they are quite decent.

There is an exchanged L5 Pro unit sent to one of our friend in Japan which had a small dust inside of the glass frame. L&P agrees to exchange it for a new one with not extra question asked.

Shipping it back to China does produce some extra turn back time, but L&P is starting to get distributorship around the globe, and you might very well get local customer service sometime soon.

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #1,131 of 1,351
Thanks for the information, I feel more confident now.
Hope to get one of those L&P DAP soon 
smile.gif

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #1,132 of 1,351
  Thanks for the information, I feel more confident now.
Hope to get one of those L&P DAP soon 
smile.gif

Well it is a new company which only started a year ago and starting selling to international customers only a few month back, it will take some time to reach something like Hifiman or Fiio's coverage. 

$299 is a great deal for L3, I believe it was originally planed to be sold at $499 MSRP
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 12, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #1,136 of 1,351
Hello everyone.
Following these problems mentioned about the "relative" weakness volume of my L&P5 Pro (gain Ultra High and volume between 50 and 55 according to the albums, whatever the headset or intra), I asked PenonAudio to change it. I'm just waiting for the end of vacation for their response.
Unfortunately, this has a serious impact on autonomy, otherwise I would keep because the sound is fantastic for me to listen to a lot of classic DSD.
However, I have a question: I take my FLAC albums with mp3tag to incorporate the covers, unfortunately, even adding a numbering before titles (001-002 ...) reading tracks is not in the right order. For the classics, it is simply impossible to follow an oeuvre.
Someone an idea about it?
Happy listening.

Feb 12, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #1,137 of 1,351
  Hello everyone.
Following these problems mentioned about the "relative" weakness volume of my L&P5 Pro (gain Ultra High and volume between 50 and 55 according to the albums, whatever the headset or intra), I asked PenonAudio to change it. I'm just waiting for the end of vacation for their response.
Unfortunately, this has a serious impact on autonomy, otherwise I would keep because the sound is fantastic for me to listen to a lot of classic DSD.
However, I have a question: I take my FLAC albums with mp3tag to incorporate the covers, unfortunately, even adding a numbering before titles (001-002 ...) reading tracks is not in the right order. For the classics, it is simply impossible to follow an oeuvre.
Someone an idea about it?
Happy listening.

I just use folder browsing for the time being, works well except for being out of order (believe someone had a tool/trick for fixing this earlier in thread I can't remember atm). Is your album art showing up? I havne't had much luck, fortunately something that doesn't bother me too much.

Feb 12, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #1,138 of 1,351
There is a tool called drivesort that could sort your files through your settings. 

It have been brought up here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/760848/new-and-improved-luxury-precision-l5-pro-32bit-dsd-dap-with-akm-ak4490-touch-screen-rosewood-blackplate/165#post_11605661

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #1,139 of 1,351
Hi, this is my first post here at head-Fi.  I recently bought the L5pro from SHENZHENAUDIO (and brought it all the way to Colombia) It has been  a love-hate relationship so far.

I am so in love with the physical appearance of this device though it is a shame that the volume pot is kind of loose and, as far as I have read, it is not only my issue.
The sound is so amazing I have temporarily pushed my main rig into the background (Bifrost+valhalla+hd650s) and find myself most of the time pairing the L5pro with my old vali and my oppo-pm3s.  

Nonetheless the firmware limitations are many and too critical to be passed by.

Recently I have been unable to play 24/192 files without the player crashing over and over again.  Same problem with firmwares 1.0.0.5 and 1.0.0.6

Can anyone offer me some help with this last issue?  I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #1,140 of 1,351
  Hi, this is my first post here at head-Fi.  I recently bought the L5pro from SHENZHENAUDIO (and brought it all the way to Colombia) It has been  a love-hate relationship so far.

I am so in love with the physical appearance of this device though it is a shame that the volume pot is kind of loose and, as far as I have read, it is not only my issue.
The sound is so amazing I have temporarily pushed my main rig into the background (Bifrost+valhalla+hd650s) and find myself most of the time pairing the L5pro with my old vali and my oppo-pm3s.  

Nonetheless the firmware limitations are many and too critical to be passed by.

Recently I have been unable to play 24/192 files without the player crashing over and over again.  Same problem with firmwares 1.0.0.5 and 1.0.0.6

Can anyone offer me some help with this last issue?  I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

I have that problem too, any newly added high sample rate files get crashed pretty often, if you use library update a few times, and load some more files in there it gets
better.

Hopefully it gets fixed in the next firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back