New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
Sep 26, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #856 of 2,814
headamp-gsx-mini-polished-black-vs-matte-black.jpg

Here's a comparison between the polished black and matte black. We'll add the matte black option to our site soon.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Sep 26, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #857 of 2,814
I like the Matte. I got the black although it matches the rest of my rig

Sep 26, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #859 of 2,814
I think my satin blue amp is coming soon just got tracking info but it's only been initiated.

Sep 28, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #860 of 2,814
Now is 4 days with the mini. Im really impressed. My wife is travelling and im like zumbi listen music all day. Its an amazing pair with the utopias. I dont know if the smoothness is from the rme adi 2 dac or from the mini. I think is from the mini. I dont have another dac here to plug and test this. Im changing between utopia and lcd3 and everything sounds amazing. Every music is better than before. Smooth(but not dark) clean and detail. Zero noise background and is small, light and fit in my desk. Best hardware purchase I did in this audio hobby since I started, for sure.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #861 of 2,814
Now is 4 days with the mini. Im really impressed. My wife is travelling and im like zumbi listen music all day. Its an amazing pair with the utopias. I dont know if the smoothness is from the rme adi 2 dac or from the mini. I think is from the mini. I dont have another dac here to plug and test this. Im changing between utopia and lcd3 and everything sounds amazing. Every music is better than before. Smooth(but not dark) clean and detail. Zero noise background and is small, light and fit in my desk. Best hardware purchase I did in this audio hobby since I started, for sure.

Thank ya for the impressions! Which volume control did you end up getting?

Sep 28, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #862 of 2,814
Sep 28, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #863 of 2,814
Wow that polished black is just classy looking. I love my satin blue but looking at that polish black i could easily live with that one for sure. Main thing though is the sound, and they all sound awesome. The aesthetics are just the cherry on top.

Sep 28, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #864 of 2,814
Two more days and I'll have my mini. I'll post a comparison between the mini and pro ican are in the same price bracket.

Sep 28, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #865 of 2,814
Two more days and I'll have my mini. I'll post a comparison between the mini and pro ican are in the same price bracket.

Mine is coming next Friday! :frowning2:

Sep 28, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #866 of 2,814
I look forward to reading that comparison. Thinking about getting a used ICan Pro, to hold me over until I can get the mini.

Sep 28, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #867 of 2,814
I look forward to reading that comparison. Thinking about getting a used ICan Pro, to hold me over until I can get the mini.
The iCan Pro is a technically brilliant amp. Very detailed and nuanced. My problem with it was it is lacking soul and life a bit, especially in the mid-range. Compared to a Taurus MKII for example. I am interested to hear more comparisons with the GSX Mini to other great SS amps like the Taurus MKII, V281, GSX MKII or Bryston BHA-1.

Sep 28, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #868 of 2,814
The iCan Pro is a technically brilliant amp. Very detailed and nuanced. My problem with it was it is lacking soul and life a bit, especially in the mid-range. Compared to a Taurus MKII for example. I am interested to hear more comparisons with the GSX Mini to other great SS amps like the Taurus MKII, V281, GSX MKII or Bryston BHA-1.
Thats will be interesting.

Sep 28, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #869 of 2,814
Your Taurus sounds like the amp to get. What is the price brand new? I haven't had the pleasure of hearing something better then Pro iCan which sounds amazing. I'm in high hopes the mini performs better. There would be no way for comparing it to yours. Also on the way is ZMF Pendant which is for my Verite but can run my Empyrean as well. Also 789 on the way with a new DAC R-2R.

Sep 30, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #870 of 2,814
Got gsx mini hooked up. Did 30 minutes of listening. The initial listen was good. My Verite got clear better highs then with my Pro Ican. Also I could clearly hear sounds in background that I never picked up on before. My only concern is it making the Empyreans too bright. I was going to sell Pro iCan but I’d miss the bass boost feature. So it turned my warm sounding Verite more clarity to the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back