New AKG K601 and K701 coming to HeadRoom
Mar 7, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #272 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
So how many pieces does each one come in, total, and how difficult is it to assemble?

580smile.gif

I thought maybe all 36 people will need to bring their individual pieces to the national meet to put together a single K701 for evaluation...

Mar 10, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #277 of 329
Hi guys, new to this forum.

I'm looking to buy the HeadRoom Micro Amp in the next few days, and noticed they are offering the AKG 701 with a very good discount. I'm very tempted by this.

Just a quick question, would the AKG and HR Micro make a good combo?

Mar 10, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #278 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleEs
Just a quick question, would the AKG and HR Micro make a good combo?

Yup. No regrets.

Mar 10, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #279 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
Yup. No regrets.

Yes, warp, but you are using the amp along with the Micro DAC. No doubt it must sound wonderful but could you comment on how the amp performs alone with the K 701. Are the differences very huge when using the DAC? I ask this because I also ordered the same combo. I already recieved the Micro Amp and it is great but I don't know how will it handle the K 701 when they arrive (when will that happen jamey?!
biggrin.gif
). Check out this thread I started for more information.

Mar 10, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #280 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyamaiata
No doubt it must sound wonderful but could you comment on how the amp performs alone with the K 701. Are the differences very huge when using the DAC?

The DAC is great, and seems to add more detail and clarity compared to my previous source, the EMU404. It's not a HUGE HUGE difference as I though the Emu was pretty darn good for the price, but I can appreciate that it does make a difference, no regrets on the DAC

I haven't tried the amp alone with the K701's, but the DAC/Amp combo with the 701's sound very good. I have no regrets to spending the money, and I don't feel the need to upgrade for a long time.

Mar 11, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #281 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
Yup. No regrets.

Just ordered the Micro with the Desktop Module, together with the 701s. I couldn't resist, as the price was just too good
rolleyes.gif

All I have to do now is to wait for them to arrive in 8 weeks time.....(I needed the 220v version)
rolleyes.gif

Mar 11, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #282 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleEs
Just ordered the Micro with the Desktop Module, together with the 701s. I couldn't resist, as the price was just too good

All I have to do now is to wait for them to arrive in 8 weeks time.....(I needed the 220v version)

What are you going to use as a source?

Mar 16, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #283 of 329
Any news on the next shipment to fufill the rest of the orders on the 701s. I ordered mine Feb 3. I am dying for my 701s Everyone is taunting me with their posts like "Nothing better than the 701 not even sex!"

Please I need to know!!! I know you said two weeks and that will be tommorow will mine be in this set? Please say yes!!!!!:

This is me --->
confused.gif

This should be me --->
580smile.gif

Thanks in advance!!!

Mar 17, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #284 of 329
There should be a rather large shipment arriving in Nashville on Monday provided customs clears as planned. Then, it will be a few days to get them to us. My best guess is we'll have them here by the end of next week. We should have most of our backorders filled at that time.

Mar 19, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #285 of 329
I noticed the price of the 701 has now gone back up to $399. When I placed my order for a 701 a few weeks back, the price was much lower.

Will I be charged at this higher price when my 701 is shipped or will I be charged at the lower rate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back