New AKG K601 and K701 coming to HeadRoom
Mar 26, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #301 of 329
I ordered on the Feb 5th. No email yet?
confused.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 1:24 PM Post #302 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleEs
I got my confirmation of shipment from Headroom yesterday. Using Fedex tracking service, it says my 701 should arrive on Monday.

My order was placed 10 days ago
etysmile.gif

You're kidding right?

Mar 27, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #304 of 329
Thanks Headroom!
evil_smiley.gif
I just called and mine are being charged right now and will ship out this morning. Thanks again headroom for billing and shipping out of order! ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! $@!@!@!! Bouncy is fighting mad.

I know it is only a couple of days but it just pisses me off that they did not pay attention to our place in line.

Mar 27, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #306 of 329
DoubleEs must be really lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it. I'm pretty sure we processed our orders exactly in order with one particular exception. There was one order that we had made a mistake with and since I had a pair of K701's on my desk that were going to be mine, I opted to send them out with the hopes of making somebody extra happy. I didn't intend to make anybody angry. Sorry thesmileman for any frustration.

Mar 27, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #307 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamey
DoubleEs must be really lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it. I'm pretty sure we processed our orders exactly in order with one particular exception. There was one order that we had made a mistake with and since I had a pair of K701's on my desk that were going to be mine, I opted to send them out with the hopes of making somebody extra happy. I didn't intend to make anybody angry. Sorry thesmileman for any frustration.

First you let me borrow your gear for troubleshooting and now this. Jamey, you must be the most generous person on headroom's staff. Gold star for you
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #309 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by thesmileman
T....Thanks again headroom for billing and shipping out of order!ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! $@!@!@!! Bouncy is fighting mad.

I know it is only a couple of days but it just pisses me off that they did not pay attention to our place in line.

Ok, I have a question. First, the word "again" in Smileman's post was what sparked me to ask it.

Is this common practice for Headroom to do this? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that DoubleE got his headphones quickly and didn't have to wait like some of the rest of us have (or continueing). I just always assummed that this was on a first come first serve basis.

There was one member on this thread that had ordered his 701s before me, on the 25th of January. My headphones should arrive sometime tomorrow and I ordered mine on Feb 1st.

If this person hasn't even gotten any notice on their order, then that isn't right in my book. Since that order was placed before mine, it should be filled before mine.

I also know of another member, though on a different message board, that did order his 701s a day before I ordered mine, yet he has not (at this time and as far as I know) received any email stating his cans shipped.

This isn't common policy is it? I hope not, because this is one hobby I can see myself getting into and Headroom being one of the main companies I would like to continue to do business with for my headphone needs.

Mar 28, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #310 of 329
Yesfan70,

Automatic confirmation of shipment only happens if your order was placed through the website or, when placing an order on the phone, if you specifically request to have confirmation sent to you via e-mail we will. As I said before, I'm pretty sure we process our orders in the order received with very few exceptions but, we do reserve that right. For example, if you placed an order and your credit card declines the day they're ready to ship, we're not going to wait until you call with the correct credit card number before we ship all the rest of our orders. We would most likely set your headphones aside and continue to ship the rest of the orders. You may not call us back until the day after so, it is quite possible that the orders don't actually go out the door in the exact order received but, we do process them in that order. Also, arrival times do vary. Sometimes our free express saver shipping actually gets to the destination in one day when it is supposed to take three days so there's a chance that somebody that placed their order before you will actually receive their headphones after you. We can't do anything about that. I see it as a good thing if they arrive early.

Mar 28, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #311 of 329
Quote:

Yesfan70,

Automatic confirmation of shipment only happens if your order was placed through the website or, when placing an order on the phone, if you specifically request to have confirmation sent to you via e-mail we will. As I said before, I'm pretty sure we process our orders in the order received with very few exceptions but, we do reserve that right. For example, if you placed an order and your credit card declines the day they're ready to ship, we're not going to wait until you call with the correct credit card number before we ship all the rest of our orders. We would most likely set your headphones aside and continue to ship the rest of the orders. You may not call us back until the day after so, it is quite possible that the orders don't actually go out the door in the exact order received but, we do process them in that order. Also, arrival times do vary. Sometimes our free express saver shipping actually gets to the destination in one day when it is supposed to take three days so there's a chance that somebody that placed their order before you will actually receive their headphones after you. We can't do anything about that. I see it as a good thing if they arrive early.

I ordered my AKG 701's on Feb 6th, or 7th, and I received a phone call this morning telling me they will ship in April. I also ordered a set of Sennheiser PX 100's. Nice to know I ordered two sets of headphones, and someone ordering one set later then me gets their headphones first. Nice

Mar 28, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #312 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by mazersteven
I ordered my AKG 701's on Feb 6th, or 7th, and I received a phone call this morning telling me they will ship in April. I also ordered a set of Sennheiser PX 100's. Nice to know I ordered two sets of headphones, and someone ordering one set later then me gets their headphones first. Nice

Steven,

You had a declined credit card so your headphones did not ship yesterday. I'm not sure why the person you talked to today said you'd get them in April because we did have a pair set aside for you which are shipping out today since you gave us your updated credit info.

Nice huh?
k1000smile.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #313 of 329
That early shipment is one simply mistake.

I made one as well. CC was declined so they could not ship. My fault entirely.

Call them, they are very very nice to deal with. I should have done it before I posted. This is too much excitement over headphones. I got caught up in it. It's not like we're waiting on pacemakers.

Sam

Mar 28, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #314 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesfan70
[...]There was one member on this thread that had ordered his 701s before me, on the 25th of January. My headphones should arrive sometime tomorrow and I ordered mine on Feb 1st.
[...]

I ordered K701 on February 7th through the website.
I received shipment confirmation on March 27th.
The K701 arrived today.
smily_headphones1.gif

BUT...

1) I use Hotmail e-mail account and Hotmail placed the confirmation
in the 'Junk' folder and I had to look for it there. Hotmail has a nasty
habbit of classifying some e-mails as 'junk' despite the fact that there
is nothing in them that woud warrant such an action.
2) Fedex guy tried to deliver the package this afternoon but I wasn't
home. I had to call them and schedule the pickup. If I didn't know
the package was on its way, I wouldn't had done that. And probably
I would still be waiting for delivery.

So, in my case, there were at least two other things that might
have prevented me from receiving the package today.

Mar 28, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #315 of 329
Quote:

Yesfan70,

Jamey,

Appreciate the response. I know arrival times, credit card declines, etc. can happen. Sorry I didn't include that in my post. I was more concerned in how the orders were processed and when I saw where Smileman mentioned "again" in his post, well, I got a bit curious.

BTW, I did get the email confirmation. Thanks. It was my online friend that stated he didn't get an email confirmation and his order was placed (also through the website) a day earlier than mine. A few days gave passed since he told me this, so for all I know his cans could be on the way.

Again I appreciate the response Jamey. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back