New 325is and new finish!
Oct 18, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #16 of 39

Quote:
I miss the old gold cups. I wish Grado would do a throwback series of SR-325is with the bling turned back on
smily_headphones1.gif

Grado don't seem to do 'retro' very much ~ the closet they have come to re introducing something has been the 
PS500 which is reportedly 'inspired' from the previous HF2.

Oct 18, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #18 of 39
They seem to weigh a little bit more than the older "chrome" 325is, however I don't have a scale to weigh them both at the moment. Still burning in and sounding great!

Oct 18, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #20 of 39
Quote:
They seem to weigh a little bit more than the older "chrome" 325is, however I don't have a scale to weigh them both at the moment. Still burning in and sounding great!

I agree. I did notice that the my MS2 did weigh a bit more than my SR325 Gold. Unfortunately I didn't have them together at the same time to weigh them.

Oct 18, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #21 of 39
Sometimes you're just glad that silver does not attract the shady blinger lovers out there...

Small personal side story below...

I was at the pub one night with my 325i's around my neck and this big burly buffoon
kept making references to them. 

'Oh yeh mate, pity they're not in gold eh, 'coz me and my mates would roll ya in a second'

Kinda glad they weren't. This bloke looked like he'd had more beers than his brain cell count.

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #23 of 39

Quote:
Hey that looks exactly like my Alessandro MS2 that I bought 2 months ago. I would describe the colour as powder grey, but with sparkling metallic specks. And the texture isn't matte, it's actually glossy.
So this is 5th color of the SR325: black, silver, gold, silver again, chrome, and powder grey.

Could you comment on how your newer MS2's sound?  I have an older pair, brushed Al finish, and I just adore them.  But I'm also curious if there are any sound differences with later models (except for the ugly chrome model ...
wink.gif
).

Oct 21, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #24 of 39
There's no difference, they're all the same, sort of like the Grado RS1 wood earcups looks different year to year.
Who knows....maybe next year's finish will be matte aluminum again

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #25 of 39
wow interesting, i'm happy with my chrome ones tho. the ones i hated where the ones before the chrome ones, they where like a dull gray color with no shine to them, seemed very bland.

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #27 of 39

Quote:
There's no difference, they're all the same, sort of like the Grado RS1 wood earcups looks different year to year.
Who knows....maybe next year's finish will be matte aluminum again

Cool, thanks !!  (Mellows out my "upgrade" urge.)

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #28 of 39
I like.  It seems these would hide mild abrasions much, much better....

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #29 of 39
[size=10pt]I have been doing A/B tests between the "chrome" 325is and the new pair....I would say that the new 325is may be slightly warmer than the chrome model. I find that my older "chrome" 325is can get a little fatiguing after 2-3 hours of constant listening. I am not getting that on my new pair....As a matter of fact I had them on today from 9:00am until I went to lunch at 1:45pm and did not feel the need to turn down the volume or take them off for a break. I have about 45 hours of burn in on them now. I will update when I hit the 100 hour mark.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back