New 3-way hybrid BA+DD IEM - LZ A2 (including DD A1)
May 16, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #976 of 1,030
  It's ready and will be called LZ-A2S. The cable changed, but still non-detachable. The Shell changed, looks like LZ 02A.

Sounds good. Any idea when the release date will be?

May 19, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #978 of 1,030
Hey guys, LZ is selling A2s on Taobao.
I guess we can discuss A2s here, right?

I'll write a comparison among A3, A2, A2s and the new 03A soon when I'm less busy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Would you mind sharing the taobao link ?

May 19, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #980 of 1,030
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/****-Laozhong-Hifi-LZ-A2S-Hifi-Stereo-Armature-and-Dynamic-In-ear-Earbuds-LZ-A2S-Heave/519064_32670039292.html 

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Original-LZ-A2s-In-Ear-Earphone-Dynamic-and-BA-Hybrid-Unit-HIFI-DIY-Earphone-Sound/32667813291.html?spm=2114.30010308.8.39.S0D8yT

Both Easy Earphones and HCkexin now have the A2S up. Looks pretty good!

A recycled z02a design and a reduction to two drivers (1DD + 1BA) ensures a reduction in cost and prevents a cannibalization of LZ-A3 sales. This should be a decent mid-range offering. I hope it has some improvements in sound in comparison with the A2, as I dislike the A3's unconconventional housing design and am looking to replace my worn down A2. 

May 20, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #981 of 1,030
So, yesterday, I received the updated cable for the A3 from HCK.

And what a nice difference it makes. I loved my A3 before with a balanced cable from my hifiman 901 player already a lot, but happy that I can get close to that as well with any source, using the new cable.

After spending a lot of time with the JH Audio Layla and the Noble audio K10U recently - in ears that are above $1,500 - I realized how good the A3s actually are. Am not saying they beat these - but the enjoyment factor of the A3 is really high.

With a good source, driven well and with a decent cable - they are yummy.

Cheers.

May 20, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #982 of 1,030
Koolpep, agree with your experience. The A3 are really good. The only complaint I have with them is the design and the stock cable. Very happy with the sound.

The A2s sound very good after 3hrs burn in, not so good first listened. They are easy to drive, but not easy to drive properly. They sound much much better when amped with the E12DIY.

May 20, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #983 of 1,030
A recycled z02a design and a reduction to two drivers (1DD + 1BA) ensures a reduction in cost and prevents a cannibalization of LZ-A3 sales. This should be a decent mid-range offering. I hope it has some improvements in sound in comparison with the A2, as I dislike the A3's unconconventional housing design and am looking to replace my worn down A2. 

Oh so its not the old LZ A2 with dual BA ?

May 20, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #985 of 1,030
Koolpep, agree with your experience. The A3 are really good. The only complaint I have with them is the design and the stock cable. Very happy with the sound.

The A2s sound very good after 3hrs burn in, not so good first listened. They are easy to drive, but not easy to drive properly. They sound much much better when amped with the E12DIY.

how would you compare them with A2? initial impressions? do they have the same sound signature?are they on the same league?

May 20, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #986 of 1,030
how would you compare them with A2? initial impressions? do they have the same sound signature?are they on the same league?

The vocal is closer and warmer. A2s sound less analytical.
Personally, I prefer A2s.
Both sound very good. But, design-wise, I like A2's.

It looks lile A2s are good for pop and A2 are good for classical, new-age.

May 20, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #988 of 1,030

I'd imagine E12DIY and Muse would be a great pairing with them.
So they downgraded the number of BAs on new A2, and reduced the price.

Should be a sweet introduction into the 'LZ house sound' for someone on a budget anyway....

Wonder if an A4 is in the works.
basshead.gif

May 20, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #990 of 1,030
Yes, LZ is making A4 or A3v2. I told him please use more common shape and color.

Please tell him to call them A4 as well :wink:

All this variations of the same model number makes it hard for an old man keeping up.

I'm working on my review of the **** UEs now and compare them to the **** UE, you get the picture lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back