New 3-way hybrid BA+DD IEM - LZ A2 (including DD A1)
Dec 1, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #346 of 1,030
LZ-A2 sound amazing on Linkin Park songs but sounds abit weird on Norah Jones (brittle) . I would say LZ-A2 more suitable for pop and rock where you need the kick of bass.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Tapatalk

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #347 of 1,030
LZ-A2 sound amazing on Linkin Park songs but sounds abit weird on Norah Jones (brittle) . I would say LZ-A2 more suitable for pop and rock where you need the kick of bass.

Are you using with wide bore tips? Honestly the A2 sounds terrible with the stock tips. 

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #348 of 1,030

Are you using with wide bore tips? Honestly the A2 sounds terrible with the stock tips. 

I use Spinfit, stock tips or form tips can't fit my ear properly. I like the Westone silicone tips as well but can't use on A2.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #349 of 1,030
I use Spinfit, stock tips or form tips can't fit my ear properly. I like the Westone silicone tips as well but can't use on A2.

I found the spinfit made the treble brighter again. I never read their website before buying, and I think those tips are supposed to enhance bass and treble.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #350 of 1,030

spin fits make iems more airy for me, but it kind of kills the bass. the stock tips make the bass too bloomy. soft wide bore tips make it more L shaped, tonally balanced with slightly boosted bass but not like basshead levels.

Trust me, wide bore tips are a must for this iem.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #351 of 1,030

spin fits make iems more airy for me, but it kind of kills the bass. the stock tips make the bass too bloomy. soft wide bore tips make it more L shaped, tonally balanced with slightly boosted bass but not like basshead levels.

Trust me, wide bore tips are a must for this iem.

I am ok with the bass level using spinfit but I would suggest to wear it over the ear using the stock silicone hook. It will help to fit the A2 in your ear and avoid the cylinder body touch your ear causing discomfort. That's only complaint I have with A2, the cylinder body edge just too sharp. Should have make it an oval shape.

Dec 1, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #353 of 1,030
In case you missed it, Paulpark222 reviewed it:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/easy-lz-a2-dynamic-and-armature-3-unit-headphones-hifi-fever-earphone-as-k3003-diy-custom-headset-with-mic-gold-without-mic/reviews/14556

Also, Bhazard and Peter123:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/lz-a2/reviews/14512

http://www.head-fi.org/products/lz-a2/reviews/14486

Dec 1, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #354 of 1,030
anyone tried Comply foam?

Dec 1, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #355 of 1,030
Comply works for me on many iem units. But they did not provide a proper seal with these for my ears

Just to clarify on an earlier comment by me. I was just tweaking about my equipment being crud due to a comment by another poster that I thought was a bit overdone.

I actually have decent stuff.

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #356 of 1,030
  Yeah, so I guess some brain burn-in has had to happen for me to appreciate these IEMs.
Sure they're not exactly sibilant, but they definitely toe the line, particularly depending on the recording.

My only complaint with the now is their soundstage. They have good instrument separation, but soundstage souds pretty congested. I guess this is to be expected for such a small 3-driver enclosure. Although I have only used stock tips and not foamies so that'll probably effect soundstage quite a bit.

Did you adjust or still trouble?

I actually think depending on setup it's very easy to drive these weird leading to sibilance at higher volumes. For example I used neutron player since my old phone/UM3X headphones, the sibilance when listening on my phone really starting to bug me so I tried the regular play music app on a whim, and it was like magic. Not sure what neutron was doing but I have better soundstage, no sibilance and less boomy bass on the regular (Google Play Music) app.

And I thought neutron was the best thing I ever downloaded. Point is just switching apps for me got rid of the "borderline sibilance", maybe there's something you can try as well.

Edit: Can anyone recommend a good USB DAC/AMP under $200? Doesn't have to be portable, I fried my Fiio E17(please don't ask).

Dec 1, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #357 of 1,030
Bit overly done as in asking you to grow the information on the IEMs by asking what equipment and music you listen to ? ....OK.
Sorry bout that !

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #358 of 1,030
Hi Guys.
Could someone tell me how the bass behaves on this song's bass drum?
In other IEM's the bass drum is almost inaudible.
Please, don't laugh at this song! It's a little outdated.
Thanks.

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #359 of 1,030
  Hi Guys.
Could someone tell me how the bass behaves on this song's bass drum?
In other IEM's the bass drum is almost inaudible.
Please, don't laugh at this song! It's a little outdated.
Thanks.

i...uh...wow.  What a request :)  This song has very inaudible kick drum to begin with.  Playing this song on my Ascend Sierra 2s the kick is there but very soft.  Using these IEMs through my denon 4000 the bass over rides the kick drum, so you get more bass and slight kick.  On the quarter notes and 16th notes the kick drum can be heard but the bass definitely over powers.  The kick is there but you have to listen for it and im afraid its not a world of difference with less bass from my speakers.  More noticeable but the kick is just too feathery on this track.

Dec 2, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #360 of 1,030
Anyone tried KZ whirlwind wide bore tips with the A2s..maybe too wide to grip the nozzle ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back