New 3-way hybrid BA+DD IEM - LZ A2 (including DD A1)
Nov 11, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #181 of 1,030
Not gonna lie, but these look like some cheapo IEMs. Really not impressed with the style, cables or overall package, especially since I usually only get over the ear style IEMs. But I decided to pull the trigger on them anyways due to the rave reviews the 11.11 deal that brought their price to $80. Definitely excited to see what they sound like tho.

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #182 of 1,030
I had this driver flex problem with the right iem.
I blew air into the nozzle and it fixed the problem like hisoundfi suggested.
While the dynamic driver was flexed I could still hear a very small
Amount of bass coming from it. Interesting because most hybrids crossover
a little differently. I was using Sony hybrid tips which caused the problem because they create
such a savage seal. I have switched to KZ spiral tips and I think I'll stick with them.
I am still in love with their sound! IMHO they deserve all the praise they get here!

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #183 of 1,030
Not gonna lie, but these look like some cheapo IEMs. Really not impressed with the style, cables or overall package, especially since I usually only get over the ear style IEMs. But I decided to pull the trigger on them anyways due to the rave reviews the 11.11 deal that brought their price to $80. Definitely excited to see what they sound like tho.

Yes. That's one reason it's cheap: no full package.

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #184 of 1,030
Which one to choose, with or without mic? Are these ok:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Newest-LZ-A2-Dynamic-and-Armature-3-unit-Headphones-HIFI-Fever-Earphone-As-K3003-DIY/32501370155.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.1.xuMMHf&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_3_79_78_77_92_91_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #185 of 1,030
a little differently. I was using Sony hybrid tips which caused the problem because they create
such a savage seal. I have switched to KZ spiral tips and I think I'll stick with them.
I am still in love with their sound! IMHO they deserve all the praise they get here!

How did you blow air into the nozzle? Will a hairdryer work? And lastly does driver flex change the sound?

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #187 of 1,030
You just use your mouth to blow air into the nozzle.
If you get driver flex in the case of the A2 you won't hear the bass from the dynamic driver.

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #189 of 1,030
I blew some air into the nozzle but nothing changed. There is still that clicking sound on the right side on my CKR9.

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #190 of 1,030

Yeah, don't use Sony Hybrid; they are small bore.  Everyone here suggests large bore.  The stock silicone tips are large bore.  These are incredible; I was just being a little nit-picky about the balance and tuning, which is only very slightly off to my ears.  After a few more hours, they are sounding better and better,..not sure if it's brain burn in or things are changing.

I also found that RDIO is better quality than Spotify free.

These are rock monsters.  Def Leppard electric guitars sound SO GOOD!

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #191 of 1,030
I blew some air into the nozzle but nothing changed. There is still that clicking sound on the right side.

I didn't know you had them!  Can't wait to hear your impressions, especially compared to the Ali CKR9 and CKR9LTD.

Nov 11, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #193 of 1,030
I blew some air into the nozzle but nothing changed. There is still that clicking sound on the right side.

There is a very small vent at the base of the nozzle. just make sure you're not accidentally blocking it off with whatever tip you're using. And Blowing gently into the back should unflex it as well

Nov 12, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #195 of 1,030
True, but compared to its peers the build seems underwhelming. I was also looking at the Fidue A73, and ergonomically it looked a lot better.

I'm really impressed that you can tell so much about ergonomics and bq from pictures.

Except for the cheap package solution I find both the bq and ergonomics to be really good.

If you need a fancy retail package there's plenty of alternatives for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back