NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S
Jun 11, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #107 of 2,884
Just look how popular the x2 was (is) . If hifiman play their cards right tuning this thing it will be very popular at that price point.

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #109 of 2,884
So this is the most exciting headphone announcement for me, in a long long time! I bought the HE-400i about 6 months ago or so and disliked them because they were lacking too much bass for my liking. They sounded great overall, just wasnt what i was looking for as far sound signature as a whole. When i seen tyll post his youtube video and reaction to it had me all gitty. Ive watched all of tyll's videos and read most of his reviews and we both share a liking for the same sound signature when it comes to headphones. The problem i have with the he-400s is the naming and the price. Its completely boggling my mind. Especially since its sound signature sounds like its going to appeal to a wider market. The only way this will make since is if the HE-400i matches it in price on release, and maybe a HE-560 replacement gets announced sometime before launch or soon after. I know hifiman has a naming issue on their hands. But i think the price difference between the 400i and the 400s is going to confuse people especially people who are not familiar with the brand like we are. I currently own a pair of LCD-2's (non fazor) and was looking for a complementary headphone, and i was gunning for the Fidelio x2, but i knew if i waited for all the audio shows in the states were over id be in for a surprise, and i am. I cant wait to push the purchase button at amazon and next day delivery for $3.99. :) Im definitely purchasing this headphone.

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #114 of 2,884
I asked about it. It seems unlikely
frown.gif

We can always hope that changes though

Well, if there is a beta group and they need me...if offer my service. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #117 of 2,884

I think there's a lot of people interested in a PM3 vs 400S comparison. Regardless of the fact that one is closed/mobile and the other is open-back. So if you get to try both, I (and likely other people as well) would be interested in hearing your impressions on both of them.

I'm planning on getting the 400S on hand.  I already have the PM3 which see much use on the go.  

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #118 of 2,884
  I like the fact I can be powered by mobile devices and has normal 3.5mm jacks and priced at $300:laughing:

The 400i can be powered by mobile (that's actually what I do anyways) and comes with a normal 3.5mm jack (though coax is used to connect the the cable to the headphones).  Price is high(er) though :p  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back