NEW 2013 Beats Studios...
Aug 5, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #47 of 115
Quote:
Odd a friend of mine just bought them and we both agreed they were extremely comfortable. Though not as comfortable as models as the hd 800 or dt 880. We found the clamp force to be good and the only complaint was the earcups were slightly small.

Well those are in an entirely different range of headphone, that would be like comparing apples and sports cars. No similarities what so ever and how long did you have them on for because I feel it after a good 30 minutes. I do agree with the clamping force though, they got that spot on.

Quote:
How would you rate the first Studio for comort? I find the original Studio very comfortable.

I do too, the old ones I would give about an 8 or so and the v2 I would give a 6.5 at best.

Aug 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #48 of 115
Quote:
Well those are in an entirely different range of headphone, that would be like comparing apples and sports cars. No similarities what so ever and how long did you have them on for because I feel it after a good 30 minutes. I do agree with the clamping force though, they got that spot on.

I do too, the old ones I would give about an 8 or so and the v2 I would give a 6.5 at best.

More like comparing a Ferrari to a Camaro.  It is not that far off base.  You could use the MDR-1R, if that's a more palatable comparison.  Same price, same use case.  

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #55 of 115
I just picked up a pair from Best Buy, and they seem to put out some good sound. It seems live, but not so much as the old ones, which would totally overpower the vocals/mids. The bass still covers the mids a little bit, but it's toned down.
The main thing I've noticed, though, is the hiss of the noise cancelling. I exchanged them for another pair and they put out the same, annoying hiss that I did not notice on the old studios (although it's possible my active listening abilities have increased since getting rid of the original beats, I have been a musician for most of my life, so I don't think this is the case).
Can anyone else confirm the hiss of the noise cancelling? No other ANC headphones that I have owned have had such an issue.

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #56 of 115
Quote:
I just picked up a pair from Best Buy, and they seem to put out some good sound. It seems live, but not so much as the old ones, which would totally overpower the vocals/mids. The bass still covers the mids a little bit, but it's toned down.
The main thing I've noticed, though, is the hiss of the noise cancelling. I exchanged them for another pair and they put out the same, annoying hiss that I did not notice on the old studios (although it's possible my active listening abilities have increased since getting rid of the original beats, I have been a musician for most of my life, so I don't think this is the case).
Can anyone else confirm the hiss of the noise cancelling? No other ANC headphones that I have owned have had such an issue.

Yes, they do hiss a lot and much more so than the old studios. I'm willing to bet they'll fix the issue sooner rather than later though.

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #57 of 115
Quote:
Waiting on more reviews

Here are my initial thoughts:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-psb-m4u2-senn-momentum-sony-mdr-1r-bose-qc15-beats-executive-dt1350-ue9000/75#post_9685941

I plan on updating my main comparative review thread in a few days with something a little more formal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back