NEW 2013 Beats Studios...
Jan 21, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #91 of 115
Yeah, The NC ability of QC15 is quite good, but Ziks is much smarter,.

The Zik's NC is likely the best next to the QC15s. But I've had them on loan for a few days and found the wireless features buggy.

You should try the QC20i...wow! I never thought NC would get this good and they sound pretty darn good (a good step up from the QC15s).

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #93 of 115
The Zik's NC is likely the best next to the QC15s. But I've had them on loan for a few days and found the wireless features buggy.

You should try the QC20i...wow! I never thought NC would get this good and they sound pretty darn good (a good step up from the QC15s).

Thanks !
Maybe I should really have a try on it.
If Parrot can make a light one just like Bose QCs, it will be a great hit.:D

Feb 26, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #95 of 115

I have not had any problem with the Wireless on the Ziks.  There was an iPhone update recently, if you're using one, have you tried it?

Feb 26, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #96 of 115
QC20i's are great for noise cancellation!!!  I didn't like the tunnel feel in my ears though, so I returned them.  If you can stand that feeling, or like in ears, I think they are the 2nd best option, the best (for me) being the Shure 535s with the foam tips.

Feb 26, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #97 of 115

I have not had any problem with the Wireless on the Ziks.  There was an iPhone update recently, if you're using one, have you tried it?

I had it for about a week a while back with my iPhone 5.

Feb 27, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #98 of 115
I can understand. I do not know what the difference may be, although I believe the Ziks had an update as well, but I have had not connection issues.

I do wish they were multipoint though.

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #100 of 115
I got the 2013 Beats Studio Wireless, the matte black one. I love it. So much so that I abandoned my slightly older Sennheiser Momentum (the big ones, over ear). Although in terms of sound quality they are fairly similar (I am a very casual user so please forgive me if i seem ignorant), the comfort level is where the Beats really win. Wearing the Momentums, I was very uncomfortable within an hour. I've worn the beats for 3 hours straight without noticing them.

Mar 21, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #101 of 115
I got the 2013 Beats Studio Wireless, the matte black one. I love it. So much so that I abandoned my slightly older Sennheiser Momentum (the big ones, over ear). Although in terms of sound quality they are fairly similar (I am a very casual user so please forgive me if i seem ignorant), the comfort level is where the Beats really win. Wearing the Momentums, I was very uncomfortable within an hour. I've worn the beats for 3 hours straight without noticing them.
I agree with you 100%. I have the exact same Beats.

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #102 of 115
Gotta admit...I actually like the 2013's quite a bit.  If not for that little faint hiss of the noise canceling chip, I'd love them.  Plus, they finally came out with a Matte Black Studio!  Never would have bought them had their only been shiny versions.  If I have to wear some Beats, they better be inconspicuous.  LOL.

Hey, do you prefer your 2013 Beats Studio or M100? And Why? What's the difference in sound quality? I own the Beats Studio Wireless and have been considering returning them to Best Buy before my window closes. Only problem is I have no way to try out the M100s.

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #103 of 115
Hey, do you prefer your 2013 Beats Studio or M100? And Why? What's the difference in sound quality? I own the Beats Studio Wireless and have been considering returning them to Best Buy before my window closes. Only problem is I have no way to try out the M100s.

I still like the M100s better, especially after swapping out the stock pads for the XLs.  The faint hiss of the NC in the Beats really annoyed the hell out of me.  If they didn't have that, the fight would have been a bit more fair, but since they did, I didn't keep them around for more than a few weeks.  I just found myself always gravitating to the M100s.  The sound just is clearer overall (and the bass goes a bit lower on the M100s, imagine that!)...the 2013s are a HUGE improvement over the previous model so I don't think you can go wrong with either.  But for me, the M100s just were a better overall package.  

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #104 of 115
I still like the M100s better, especially after swapping out the stock pads for the XLs.  The faint hiss of the NC in the Beats really annoyed the hell out of me.  If they didn't have that, the fight would have been a bit more fair, but since they did, I didn't keep them around for more than a few weeks.  I just found myself always gravitating to the M100s.  The sound just is clearer overall (and the bass goes a bit lower on the M100s, imagine that!)...the 2013s are a HUGE improvement over the previous model so I don't think you can go wrong with either.  But for me, the M100s just were a better overall package.  
Thanks so much. I really like the Beats Studio Wireless. But I've heard so many great things about the M100s I've been really tempted. Plus I could pocket about $120+ if I made the switch, that includes the price difference and Best Buy warranty I purchased for my Studios. Now I just have to decide if I can live without the Bluetooth feature :rolleyes:

Apr 9, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #105 of 115
Thanks so much. I really like the Beats Studio Wireless. But I've heard so many great things about the M100s I've been really tempted. Plus I could pocket about $120+ if I made the switch, that includes the price difference and Best Buy warranty I purchased for my Studios. Now I just have to decide if I can live without the Bluetooth feature
rolleyes.gif

You could also get:
parrot zik
sennheiser mm50-x
sony mdr1bt
sony mdr10bt
Logitech ue 9000 (this has tons of bass)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back