NEW 2013 Beats Studios...
Jul 20, 2013 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 115

EvoSpider

New Head-Fier
Seems like there is this picture circulating Instagram and Twitter and it appears that there is a new design for the highly disregarded beats studio. :wink:
What's interesting is the cable. It looks like a USB cable from the headphone.
One of those photos below belongs to Lebron James' Instagram..

Jul 21, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 115
Is it pointless to hope that Beats lowers the price of these?  I can't justify paying over 200 for these.  I am liking the new design though.  It's like a mix of the Executive headphones and the current Studio headphones.

Jul 21, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #3 of 115
Is it pointless to hope that Beats lowers the price of these?  I can't justify paying over 200 for these.  I am liking the new design though.  It's like a mix of the Executive headphones and the current Studio headphones.

Let alone I won't even spend more than $30 on that rubbish. I mean it somewhat looks nice, but the sound you're sacrificing is not worth it.

Jul 21, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #5 of 115
I disliked Beats ever since I saw them and thats way before I joined here. Just the feel & look makes me run to the other side. I go to Best Buy and thats where they have most models on display. All sound way too bassy and seeing most of them scratched up & beaten, I cant take a chance to pay so much for something that way too expensive.

But I have to admit, I did like the Beats Executive. The isolation was what caught me.

I dont like the design of symbol 'b'. It's too big for the size of what its placed on.

This is all my feeling, so dont take it personal.

39 years of life and I've never bothered to own a beat!

Jul 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #8 of 115
I agree. 
Somehow they made it look even cheaper, at least from those 3 photos. 

It looks less bulky, but it does look cheaper. However, the design is improved.

This is very biased. Beats sound good, just very bad value. Don't be a servant of the head fi group think

When I FIRST heard them, I thought they sound pretty good...However, not excellent.

Jul 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #9 of 115
Quote:
When I FIRST heard them, I thought they sound pretty good...However, not excellent.

Several years ago, before I ever knew of Head-Fi, I bought a pair of Skullcandy Titans. My buddy had just gotten a new pair of Beats Studios. We were going on a school trip to Corpus Christi and I tried them out. 

They weren't bad but they didn't really impress me either. From all the buzz, I didn't what people were fussing about. I noticed they were pretty muffled sounding for vocals. In fact, I liked my Skullcandies a little bit more. 

Fast forward a year, and I'm in China and my uncle took me headphone shopping (from legitimate stores, mind you 
tongue.gif
). There was an Apple store selling beats right next to a Bose store. I remember comparing the two. I went with the QC15 because honestly I thought the Beats were good, but the Bose were better. Again, the sound seemed just a tad more muffled on the Beats and the bass seemed a little too bloated for my tastes. Plus, the Bose had MUCH better noise cancellation. 

This was all before I ever knew of Head-Fi, so it was "un-biased" decision. 
Of course, had I known of Head-Fi then, I probably would have gotten the HD600 they were selling 
triportsad.gif

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #12 of 115
Quote:
This is very biased. Beats sound good, just very bad value. Don't be a servant of the head fi group think

i agree. i have listened to the beats at various times and while they arent the higher end sound quality. they arent horrible. marketing hype is just so huge with them. if they lowered their price by a good margin then i think they would be more of a contender in the ''audiophile'' market grant it they arent ''audiophile'' quality but if they were 75.00 i think the mindset of the beats studios would change. but with price tags like 200-400 for what they bring to the table no they definitly arent any good when you take the sound quality and price margin and come out with your final conclusion.

i like the m80 or m100 i feel have much better sound quality at a lower price.

beats are a fashion statement more than a means for exceptional audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back