Need your help in finding headphones up to 150$
Jan 19, 2011 at 2:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Semlu

New Head-Fier

Hey guys its my first post over here and after searching for hours yesterday for decent headphones i gave up.
I live in Israel so the only buying option i got is through eBay or i can get lucky and find headphones at almost the same price as eBay here in a store.

Mostly i listen to rock, metal, dubstep, indie pop and jazz it means i listen to different kind of music all the time.
And it could be great if you could help me find headphones for around 150$ from eBay.

Tnx for help.

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 10
Some recomendations for ya:

Denon AH-D1100

Shure SRH440

Sennheiser HD438, HD448

Sony MDR-XB500, XB-700

You'll find that these options excel at most of the genres you listed and are right in your price range.  I think the Denons, Shures and Sennheiser shoulds be right up you alley.

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #4 of 10
Audio-Technica ATH-M50s. They can be bought for less then $150 on ebay. They're easy to drive so an amp won't be required. And they have a decent amount of bass, but no too overpowering.

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #7 of 10
ATH-M50's or SRH 840's  very good closed overall headphones.  M50 are the 'fun' headphones.  Shure 840 are more lush and balanced sounding overall, but they are also more expensive... Consider you luky to these SRH 840's, they do shine on everything. 

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #8 of 10
I do find bass important because im a bass player and i need to hear the bass pretty good in the songs i listen too.
So which one you suggest i should buy?
One more point i think i need to point is isolation- Its very important to me to have good isolation cuz i live in a loud city and alot of noise so you can understand that isolation is pretty important :)

BTW the Shure SRH 840 and ATH-M50 they both cost me around 200$ with the shipping.

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #9 of 10
Bass = m50's forsure

Quote:
I do find bass important because im a bass player and i need to hear the bass pretty good in the songs i listen too.
So which one you suggest i should buy?
One more point i think i need to point is isolation- Its very important to me to have good isolation cuz i live in a loud city and alot of noise so you can understand that isolation is pretty important :)

BTW the Shure SRH 840 and ATH-M50 they both cost me around 200$ with the shipping.

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #10 of 10
ATM m50 has better bass and isolation, but Shure SRH 840's bass is not bad at all, I did find it better and punchier than such bass monsters like BeyerDynamic DT990 or DT770.. Isolation is also decent.. Not the best but clearly not bad at all...  I own DT990 250ohm, and had heared both ATM and SHURE headphones for about 2 hours continuous each. My personal conclusion was -> Shure SRH 840 are overall better headphones then ATM M50, they have better extension in highs, much better separation and more balanced sound.. And remember, more bass is not always better , it must be enough, and not tones of it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back