Need to replace ER-6/ER-6i Ety earphones. Narrowed to: Shure SE215, Klipsch S4, Ety MC-5 or ER-6/ER-6i (All under $100)
May 5, 2011 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

atwnsw

New Head-Fier
While I have liked the sound of Etymotic, the build quality seems to be questionable.  I am obviously considering going back to them either with an identical pair or the newer MC-5.  The other consideration is Shure SE215 or Klipsch S4.

I am not an audiophile and the main time that I use earphones is to sleep at night.  So, I listen to more relaxing music like Sting, etc....The wild card consideration is that my wife may borrow these earphones and she is an audiophile who listens to all music from classical to Pat Matheny, etc... so while my needs are simple, hers are more demanding.  She too likes what we have had in the past from the ER-6/ER6i  (I can't remember which one it is - we use it for ipod).

Can somebody help me narrow the field or direct me to another product that I haven't considered?

May 5, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #3 of 5
In general, it is easier to say what I don't like:  No jazz, classical, country or rap.

I tend to listen to soft rock or top 10 hits. 

Trust me, my wife and I are polar opposites when it comes to music.

Hope I answered your question.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond to my post....

May 5, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #4 of 5

i like the etymotic mc5's a lot. i used mine for a month before upgrading to the er-4p, but for it's price, it's nice.

have you considered the headdirect re0?

Quote:
In general, it is easier to say what I don't like:  No jazz, classical, country or rap.

I tend to listen to soft rock or top 10 hits. 

Trust me, my wife and I are polar opposites when it comes to music.

Hope I answered your question.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond to my post....

May 5, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 5
  Thanks for the replying to my post and appreciate the vote towards Ety MC5. I had never heard of the Headdirect Re0 but will definitely research them.

My price range is under $100

I don't care about noise isolation but prefer the size of earphones.

I wouldn't mind something that would allow you to sleep on your side without poking my ear drum....... (Low priority but curious)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back