need to choose between a few headphones
Nov 17, 2012 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

007noob007

New Head-Fier
[size=10pt]long story short, I can only buy one of these (I can't buy from a different store... long story)[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]akg q460 ot akg k181 dj or Skullcandy Aviato, ([/size]only one of these! they will be free for me, so that is my only option)
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]i was thinking about one of  the akg[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]music-  I listen to all kinds of music: rock, Irish music, jazz classical, hip hop (just a bit), Japanese music and a lot of just weird stuff [/size]
[size=10pt](if you are intrested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ron17xFNBf0, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmX_GgozpQs are two very different new song my friend showed me)[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]use- i will mostly listen to them on the bus ( I have fiio e6 if it helps) and in the car (maybe a bit to watch movies at home, and listening a bit at home)[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]More-[/size]
[size=10pt]1) If possible a changeable/removable  (this is what get broken most of the time, and i wish to be able to change the cable when it is broken)[/size]
[size=10pt]2) Comfortable for long use[/size]
[size=10pt]3) Looking "ok" not too important, but will be a nice bonus[/size]
[size=10pt]4) if possible noise canceling (as much as posible)[/size]
[size=10pt]5) 5)[/size][size=13.5pt]Good music quality, good base, and Good noise separation  are the most impotent stuff (noise separation is crucial)[/size]

just tell me wich one if these is the best for what i listen to and what i asked

Nov 17, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 6
Well, the fact that you really want headphones with both noise cancelling and a good soundstage could pose a little bit of a problem. Those are like two polar opposite ends of the headphone spectrum. If you want noise cancelling (passive or active), you will have to get closed back headphones. However, 90% of the time, closed backs don't have very good soundstage. That's just the way it is. If you want good soundstage, you would have to get an open back set. The closest headphone that I can think of that has at least both of these attributes is the Audio Technica ATH-A900x. It actually does have good soundstage, but the noise cancelling isn't too amazing. It's what you'd expect from any typical closed-back. But if that doesn't bother you too much, I think it's a great set.

However, they aren't very portable, so I don't know if you'd want them. Asking for portability, bass, noise cancelling, and good soundstage is kind of a lot to ask for lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back