!! Need to buy NOW at a local store/ IEM with good sound isolation !!
Dec 11, 2010 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Xtn85

New Head-Fier
I wish I had the time right now to read and research, but I don't. I have my final exam in a few days with tons of material to cover and my neighbors are driving me screwing nuts and I'm getting really pissed off and I can't study.

Please suggest in ear headphones that are decent that I can go buy at walmart/radioshack/Bestbuy right now that are preferably under 50.00. My main concern is sound isolation and I will be listening to mostly Piano/Mediation/Natural/Classical. It is 5:30 pm now my goal is to get a suggestion and go buy before they close today lets see if it happens.

Thank you

Edit OR Over the ear headphones up to 100.00

Dec 11, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 6
Oh well off I go to Best buy to most likely pay a ridiculous price. TY ^ for your response bud maybe I'll return whatever I buy and order online after the exam. 

Dec 11, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 6
For in-ears Klipsch S2 is probably your best bet. Best Buy should carry them. Over-the-ear is mostly really overpriced but the Koss DJ100 is a decent deal. Not the best out of an ipod but considering the ATH-ES7 is $169.99 at BB the Koss should do it.

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 6
Just got back, I bought the Sennheiser HD 428. I just tried them and I am very happy with the noise isolating for the price, sound is just ok. I listen to music at a very low volume anyways. looked at the Koss DJ100 when I was there, but a quick iPhone Google showed poor reviews. Can't wait to get into the high quality sound soon. 

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #6 of 6
Sony IEMs are solid and cheap if you need to drown out ridiculous amounts of noise. I have a pair of $30 Sony's that control an iphone with mic and they have all the isolation you need when playing music. I had a job for 3 months where I worked all day in a room next to a huge speaker broadcasting foreign programming to a warehouse of half deaf people. I had to write complex reports and carefully audit thick files. Sony IEMs and an iPod did the trick. Don't waste your money on noise canceling if all you need is to get some work done with some tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back