Need tip suggestion for RE-ZERO
Sep 9, 2010 at 9:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

blankdisc

500+ Head-Fier
Finally got my RE-ZERO. totally blown away by the SQ. Now I am just having some trouble to get a good seal from the stock small bi-flange tipe. Someone mentioned that a triple flange tip would be better, but i am not able to find suitable ones from eBay. Could someone kindly suggest a few for me? Thanks!

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #3 of 22
Sony Hybrids may work for you.  Check the RE0 and RE-ZERO threads.  There are more threads if you search.

Sep 9, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #5 of 22
Comply tips make things simple.  They aren't cheap though.  You can grab a 3 pack (one small, one medium, one large) for, gasp, $20, but they'll fit any larger nozzle earphone and fit great super easy.

One suggestion I have is if you do step to the Comply, being an open cell foam type of material, they will soak up some of the highs.  You can largely negate this by removing the foam inside the nozzle of the RE-ZERO.  The Comply TX-500 version also has a built in wax guard filter, so the wax filter on the end of the RE-ZERO nozzle doesn't need to be used either.

Sep 11, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 22
I tried about dozen different tips and the real Sony Hybrids sounded best to me if you can find a size that fits.  Unfortunately for me, the largest Sony hybrid tips fit too well, to the extent that I could hear my heartbeat at times.  The fake Sony Hybrids were my second choice.  Generally, I thought the single flange tips with the smallest holes, seemed to sound best because they increased the bass a tad while decreasing the highs a tad (which worked perfectly because I thought they were a little too bright anyway).

Sep 11, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #7 of 22
There is the new Comply S series, $10 for 3 pair.

Quote:
Comply tips make things simple.  They aren't cheap though.  You can grab a 3 pack (one small, one medium, one large) for, gasp, $20, but they'll fit any larger nozzle earphone and fit great super easy.

Sep 11, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #8 of 22
Thanks for the suggestion. i bought Sony Hybrid. the medium works perfectly for me, and it's really comfortable. would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to replace the stock RE-ZERO tips. it is so much easier to get a good seal, and i can wear it for a very long time without any pain. probably not good for my hearing tho. :)

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #9 of 22
anyone knows if the sony 'fake' hybrid tips work as well for the 252 ?

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #10 of 22
meelec M11 tip set works well for me.
The biflange tips are a little smaller and softer than the small hifiman biflanges.

Oct 8, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #11 of 22

Quote:
anyone knows if the sony 'fake' hybrid tips work as well for the 252 ?

I haven't tried them, but the 252 has a smaller nozzle than the RE0 and the Sony earphones that come with hybrids.  (5mm versus 5.5mm).  The hybrids may still work, but they may fall off easily.

(BTW, they really are a hybrid material, silicone blended with something else to make them softer.)

Oct 8, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #13 of 22
the fake sony hybrid work great with the re-zero really glad i got them , and the price is a steal 7$ for 12 pairs...nice.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/earbud-replacement-SONY-EP-EX10A-WILL-FIT-MANY-TYPES_W0QQitemZ150438421011QQihZ005QQcategoryZ112529QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#shId

Oct 18, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #15 of 22
after 1 month of use i find myself going back and forth the stock small bi-flange and the sony fake hybrid medium tips

Still can't understand which one sounds 'better'

and i am still curios whether i have found/used the best possible position in regards to the sq(fit is fine with both tips)

oh well , this is just listning to music, not rocket science...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back