eurekastreet

New Head-Fier

​

[size=x-large]
 ​
[/size]
[size=x-large]  [/size]
[size=x-large]
I'm looking for some new headphones, been reading a lot of different tests and forum pages, so many I don't know what to do anymore.
[/size]
[size=x-large]
 ​
[/size]
[size=x-large]
Here's my criterias (in no particular order)
[/size]
[size=x-large]
 ​
[/size]
[size=x-large]
-Around 100 euros/100 u.s. dollars  - can't afford more than that
[/size]
[size=x-large]
-I got a really big head 
[/size]
-I'm a pc gamer,   so plan to use them for playing.
[size=x-large]
-But also a lot for listening to music through my pc or stereo : britpop/70's to today's rock/some metal/bit of hip-hop/a bit of opera/"voices" (cohen, cave, sinead,etc)/ occasionally some electro stuff is what I listen to ; mostly never listen to classic, country, rap, world music
[/size]
[size=x-large]
-movies : sometimes, through the pc
[/size]
[size=x-large]
-I plan to use them in my comp room so "sound leakage" doesn't matter, it won't bother anyone but the cat.
[/size]
[size=x-large]
-If they can suppress the sound of my pc ventilation, it's a plus (and my pc is noisy)
[/size]
[size=x-large]
-I sit in front of the pc most of the time so they gotta be comfortable for the ears (pain + weight + "sweat factor" is an issue)
[/size]
[size=x-large]
 ​
[/size]
[size=x-large]
 ​
[/size]
[size=x-large]
So far the 2 models in my price range that seem to be a good compromise vs those criterias seem to be the sony VR-6 and the Sennheiser 555 but I read that the Sony might be a bit painful for long-sessions usage.
[/size]
[size=x-large]
Heard mostly good things about Sennheiser but some people seem to be disappointed by them for the kind of music I'm going + the comfort is sometimes an issue too...
[/size]
[size=x-large]
 ​
[/size]
[size=x-large]
But I'm open to any other suggestions too...
[/size]
 ​
[size=x-large]
It's my first step in the headphone world (only have had a bad logitech headset so far) and I'm no techie so something simple and efficient would be great.
[/size]
[size=x-large]
 ​
[/size]
[size=x-large]
I have to order the new gear through amazon (gift voucher) so I can't test any of them before ordering (and btw I can't order grado, some delivery issues with Amazon so the sr60i which seemed appealing is a no-go)....therefore if you got any recommendations based on that, I'm all ears. 
[/size]
[size=x-large]
 ​
[/size]
[size=x-large]
Thanks in advance.
[/size]
[size=x-large]
 ​
[/size]
[size=x-large]
David