Need some iems for gaming due to a neck issue
Sep 5, 2011 at 9:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

spacemanspliff

Headphoneus Supremus
Yeah, yeah. I know, better than most, get some full sized cans for gaming.

I can't. Every headphone I try hurts my neck. I have injured it a few times and now even Stax are too heavy. So I need something like an IEM for occasional pc gaming. I use speakers 90% of the time but my wife occasionally is asleep in the next room and does not like the sound of artillery in the morning.

Anything besides the Sennheiser gaming iem headset? I do not want a iem with a mic or inline volume control. Prefer them to be under $100/ Thanks

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 4
I found the re-zero to be REALLY good for gaming.  Better than any grado i used, dt770, sextetts, or any other IEM.  For your budget they are perfect

edit: well, not any iem.  They're about the same as my re-262 in terms of gaming except the 262's have a mild hand up on the re-zeros

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 4
Have you also disqualified behind-the-ear headphones like the Sony MDR-AS30G?  The SQ isn't the best, but they are light and generally comfortable, though they might irritate the skin slightly if you don't get a good fit.

Sep 7, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #4 of 4
I am considering the RE-0. Waiting for a used one on the fs. I thought that or an UE iem would be the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back