Need recommendations/help
Mar 17, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #17 of 23
The Fiio K5 Pro is a very good choice too. If I would have to upgrade or get a new one, it would be the K5 Pro too.
About the HD58x, well, I don't see any wrong about it. That one is selling like hot cakes too.

Mar 17, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #18 of 23
I'm not sure about HD58X, but most open-back headphones have virtually zero isolation, meaning you're likely to hear a lot of background noise unless your room is very quiet. I'm not a gamer, but I imagine the background noise could be distracting if you're trying to hear the footsteps of your opponents.
If you can borrow one from one of your friends then it's best to try one before you make a purchase.

Mar 17, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #19 of 23
everyone says open back is a game changer. i dont have any way of trying headphones out. i ordered both already so im excited to try them out. I was able to get the 58x for $130 and fiio k5 pro for $168

Mar 18, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #20 of 23
I would recommend giving a look to Madlustenvy's thread of gaming headphones in the games section of these forums. He has a TON of headphones specifically reviewed for what you're looking to do. I do agree that an open back headphone is generally better for gaming, as the soundstage and placement is often better than their closed back brethren. I would steer you towards the beyer dt990 instead of the 58x if gaming is your preference. Another recommendation for an inexpensive gaming monster would be the akg 7xx from drop.com.

Mar 18, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #22 of 23
i did look at the dt990 briefly. thank you for the information i will check it all out
IMHO, the Soundmagic HP200 is better then the DT990.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back