Need professional help. Which headphones would You suggest? Requirements in thread.
Dec 15, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #31 of 37
Any headphone previously listed will be much better than those skullcandys.  I agree with Sil3nce hahaha 
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #32 of 37

Quote:
Any headphone previously listed will be much better than those skullcandys.  I agree with Sil3nce hahaha 
evil_smiley.gif

Skullcandys? Joking right?
 Please go buy Dr Dre Beats over that.

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #33 of 37
Quote:
evil_smiley.gif

Why those skullcandy's are bad? The one thing I didn't like that it might break fast (many reviews about that), I liked that they have "Bass amplified subwoofer" and subwoofers in each can. Isn't that good?
Last thing, just please tell me your selection (which will be posted in the end of this post) and why. [assemble quality, comfortability, bass quality and other tech specifications]. If you wouldn't be hard, post rating too (1-worst. 10-best), so everything would be like that:
HD 448, because:
1) they are the most comfortable of all, IMO Giving 10/10
2) they have good assemble quality. Giving 9/10
etc.
My personal list of choosing headphones:
1) Sennheiser HD-448
2) Skullcandy Skullcrushers
3) Denon AH-D310

P.S. Mainly, I'm thinking about Sennheiser HD-448 and Denon AH-D310.
P.S.S. Please post as many opinions as possible for the next ~16 hours.
Thanks! :)

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #34 of 37

Quote:
Quote:
evil_smiley.gif

Why those skullcandy's are bad? The one thing I didn't like that it might break fast (many reviews about that), I liked that they have "Bass amplified subwoofer" and subwoofers in each can. Isn't that good?
Last thing, just please tell me your selection (which will be posted in the end of this post) and why. [assemble quality, comfortability, bass quality and other tech specifications]. If you wouldn't be hard, post rating too (1-worst. 10-best), so everything would be like that:
HD 448, because:
1) they are the most comfortable of all, IMO Giving 10/10
2) they have good assemble quality. Giving 9/10
etc.
My personal list of choosing headphones:
1) Sennheiser HD-448
2) Skullcandy Skullcrushers
3) Denon AH-D310

P.S. Mainly, I'm thinking about Sennheiser HD-448 and Denon AH-D310.
P.S.S. Please post as many opinions as possible for the next ~16 hours.
Thanks! :)

Exactly the point. Earphones with "bass-amplified subwoofers". That's a joke.
It's just a lousy attempt to explain a dynamic driver with poorly done sound quality with an overemphasis on the midbass range.

Dec 15, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #35 of 37
If you look at a frequency graph of the Skullcrushers, you'll see they have a HUGE peak at 100hz, and thats it.  No bass lower than that.  Thats really bad.  All of the other headphones listed will have much better bass.

Dec 15, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #36 of 37

Quote:
If you look at a frequency graph of the Skullcrushers, you'll see they have a HUGE peak at 100hz, and thats it.  No bass lower than that.  Thats really bad.  All of the other headphones listed will have much better bass.

Frequincy charrts show very little to be honest. They don't show harmonics which is far more important.

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #37 of 37
I think frequency charts show a lot in terms of the type of sound signature a can will have.  I agree that they do not show even half of what makes each headphone unique, and that they are used in decision making far too often.  They can help show tendencies of a headphone, however, i.e. if a can is bass heavy, has a treble peak, things like that.  And what I said about the Skullcrushers is true, whether you get it from a graph or experience:  They have huge mid bass and thats it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back