Need light, very comfortable semi-open or open phones for wife's uni lectures.
Jul 19, 2012 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

blakey72

New Head-Fier
Hi. I'm looking for a pair of budget headphones for my wife. She will be using them for listening to podcasts at home so have to be nice and light and be very comfortable. She really doesn't like them to be HUGE just standard sort of size. Semi-open or open would be her choice as she finds her ears get hot and sore with closed phones. We don't want to pay big dollars as they will only be used for voices. Any ideas?

Blake.

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #2 of 7
Grado SR60

best bargain there is in hifi,

currently making a laughing stock of my new Beyer T50P

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #3 of 7
Sony MDR-MA900, the Grados are not the most comfortable. But they sonys are relatively new, and I don't own a pair so I am only mentioning them out of utility, you will haveto do your own research.

AKG K242HD / AKG K240mkII are also candidates, but do note, they DO need an amp. like really do. VAMP is a damn good match.

Jul 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #4 of 7
Koss KPH-7. Super-light, comfortable, $5 at Wal-mart. Good for just listening to voice, not-so-good for critical music listening. I seriously mean this.

If you want to spend *a lot* more money just to listen to voice, the Bose AE2 are fairly comfortable (I know, they're closed, trust me though), and up from that you can look at the Ultrasone HFI-2400 and various Sony open-air models (MDR-MA series, MDR-F1, MDR-SA series, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back