need help with hd650
Feb 11, 2008 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GTroy

100+ Head-Fier
I've got melos sha-1 that works great with the dt880s but I'm thinking of getting another tube amp specifically for the hd650s....thinking in the 400-450 range. I listen almost exclusively to jazz...jazz fusion...bebop.

thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Feb 11, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 4
Visit the Woo Audio web site. They are attractive, well made and sourced in the USA. I used to have a 3+. I now have the WA6. Suits a wider range of phones. The Senn's will love you for it.

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 4
You can also look into the Little Dot MKIV SE or the Musical Fidelity X-Can V3 in that price range. I chose the Little Dot MKIV SE due to the reviews here and the sound description fitted exactly what I wanted from my HD650's. You can also look into the X-Can V3, the other amp I was also considering before deciding on the MKIV SE, since a lot has said the amp synergizes with the HD650 very well. Good luck with whatever you decide!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTroy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got melos sha-1 that works great with the dt880s but I'm thinking of getting another tube amp specifically for the hd650s....thinking in the 400-450 range. I listen almost exclusively to jazz...jazz fusion...bebop.

thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

X2 on the Little-Dot MKIVse. This amp was made with the HD-650 in mind.

If you get a chance, read my review and check what other "se" owners are saying in that thread. It has an excellent price point for a quality OTL designed tube amp. Here is my review: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...mkivse-266751/

Another couple of considerations. The "se" comes with a 2 year warranty, instead of the usual 1 year. It has both internal and external upgraded components and lots of power for those dynamic passages. Little-Dot's customer service is second to none. DavidZ handles all matters personally and has a serious reputation with HeadFi Little-Dot users.
Feel free to ask questions in the review thread. Many "se" owners will be glad to help. Go luck on your search!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back