Need help with a certain headphone.
Jun 15, 2011 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

squad

New Head-Fier
Well to start off hello head-fi community!! I've been lurking this forum for awhile and I was like why not sign up for it lol.

Well my question is I have a audio technica a700 and I use it for my gaming and truly love it! But I was wondering if there something else out there that is amazing for gaming but also good for music/movies. A700 doesn't that that kick for music/movies and has not enough of bass for me to enjoy the music I have.

A friend told me I should just keep the a700 and use it just for gaming and get another headphones for music/movies, what should I do here?

Jun 15, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #2 of 5
Those actually are very good headphones

Now what I use for gaming are my Sony MDR-V6's because they have a very good soundstage to make you feel like your in the game

Then you can also upgrade to the ATH-M50's which are highly regarded here and might be better for gaming. I've never tested them out for games.

Jun 15, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #3 of 5
Sony MDR-V6 would be good for music/movies? I might just keep my A700 for just gaming and get another phone for music/movies. I heard the MDR-V6 gets super hot after amount of time used and it very unconformable.

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Sony MDR-V6 would be good for music/movies? I might just keep my A700 for just gaming and get another phone for music/movies. I heard the MDR-V6 gets super hot after amount of time used and it very unconformable.

Well it's up to you. I like my V6's as gaming because they shut out my pc noise and are good for a while. They only get hot if your sweating for a while. 

That's also why I said get the ATH-M50's because they could be a good cross of gaming a music. Really, if you want to upgrade and spend more money, you can spend some big $$$ on some headphones, but you won't get much use out of them for gaming.

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
 another phone

Don't say phone, people use their actual phone as a media player, so when you say new phone, "I thought we were talking about headphones?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back