Need Help Upgrading from my HD595s
Aug 16, 2011 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jiao

New Head-Fier
Hi, I want to upgrade from my Sennheiser HD595s as they are starting to break at the cord.  

I have been looking at Audio Technica M50 and Beyerdynamic DT-770-pro.

I was leaning toward the Beyerdynamic as I had tried them out and they had felt comfortable and I liked the build, but when I read on the forums, they said that the DT770s weren't very good without an amp, and I don't want to invest money into that yet.  

So should I get the ATH-M50 or the Beyerdynamic ones without the amp.

I mostly will use them for Gaming and listening to Hip/Hop music.

Thanks.

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 4
I like a balanced can for hip hop. With good bass while also able to play rock/rap and a tone for symphonies for those special songs.

Go Sony MDR-7509HD. Great for anything. Good bass without over kill while also covering all the aspects amazingly well. Not a celebrity can, but greater can then I can ever find.

Why don't I have these?
frown.gif
probably because I'm cheap.

You don't need a amp btw.

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #4 of 4
I did the sennheiser hd 595 to dt770 jump years ago.  I would highly recommend it if your chasing bass, want closed, and isolation like I was.  The 595s are remarkably bass anemic un-amped.  Unamped the dt770 sound pretty good out of an ipod.  It will definitely be an improvement in the bass but you will sacrifice soundstage and mids.

That being said, I would really recommend getting a quality amp for the hd 595s if its an option.  Amping the 595s drastically improves the bass and overall clarity.  IMO w/ my concerto amp, the hd 595 surpasses any unamped headphone (excluding IEMs) that I have heard.  Getting a quality amp also leaves room for when you upgrade to your next headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back