Need help picking IEM for about $100
Nov 23, 2012 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LucEdwards

New Head-Fier
I recently got a pair of Sennheiser HD 598's that replaced my Audio Technica ath-m50's, so now i plan to sell the m50's to get some IEM for more portability, this is my first purchase of over $20 IEM's so I'd like some help on this.........my budget is about $110 and I'd like to get some with some good soundstage (but I understand that it may be hard to do so based on my budge and the nature of IEM's) I mainly listen to classic rock, metal, and trance...........I'm definitely not a basshead but having non-existant bass may be a problem for me, but the main thing I'm looking for is something fairly neutral, I would like to avoid active noise canceling if possible, also I have a fiio e7 so driving any IEM at this price range should be no problem (not even sure if any IEM need amping)

I'm considering the  Audio-Technica ATH-CKS77BK  (may be too bassy?)      or        Shure SE215-K
but I will be open and thankful for any other suggestions, thanks
[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 4
i could see it being pretty common, but i have ath-m50's and am getting hd598's for Christmas, and am also looking for IEM's in that price range. I've been looking at the MEElectronics A161. supposedly they are pretty balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back