Need help picking headphones.
Feb 13, 2011 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dylanraven

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new pair of headphones.  I love the sound of the Sennheiser HD 202 but the cord is to long for what I use them for and I've had 3 pairs and the right ears tend to go out of them in roughly 6 months.  I really loved the sounds of the Koss Porta Pros but the fact that they leak sound and more importantly they let alot of sound in.  So I would like some advice on a decent pair of headphones that will sound like these for around $100.  

Any help would be aprreciated.

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #2 of 4
Tons o info.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/529144/buying-headphones-seeking-guidance-don-t-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Quote:
I'm looking for a new pair of headphones.  I love the sound of the Sennheiser HD 202 but the cord is to long for what I use them for and I've had 3 pairs and the right ears tend to go out of them in roughly 6 months.  I really loved the sounds of the Koss Porta Pros but the fact that they leak sound and more importantly they let alot of sound in.  So I would like some advice on a decent pair of headphones that will sound like these for around $100.  

Any help would be aprreciated.

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #4 of 4
I'm looking for closed headphones that sound like the portapros if at all possible, I run a machine that puts of some noise and I'm trying to block the sound from coming in, not as concerned about sound leaking out.  Portability isn't as much as an issue.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back