Need help - Hifiman support not replying to my emails
Jul 24, 2018 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tiagojsag

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm writing this post out of frustration and disbelieve that such a renown brand is capable of behaving like this to a customer. I'll do my best to keep this about the facts, as I want this to be a call for help and not a rant.

I purchased the upgrade from HE1000 v1 to v2 in May this year and, after receiving two pairs of faulty HE1000 v2 headphones, Hifiman has stopped replying to my emails altogether. While initially they were fairly responsive (1-2 business days), during the initial purchase process and the first replacement, it's now been a month (!!!) since anyone from Hifiman has replied to my emails - last reply I got was from June 26th.

I'm writing this post in hopes that someone here either works for/closely with Hifiman, or someone has had a similar experience in the past and is able to give me some pointers as to how I can solve this issue.

Thanks

Jul 24, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 7
Have you tried calling their tech support number?

Jul 24, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 7
Hi Monsterzero

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, I have tried to call them a few times, and either no one picks up or it goes straight to voice mail. I have also tried reaching them through their official Facebook page just now, and I got a reply from someone on their side saying they'll make sure my situation is reported to the right person. Let's see if this leads to a solution

Thanks

Oct 3, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #4 of 7
Hey, community,

Just wanted to wrap up my story, which maybe will be helpful to someone in the future... who knows.

Anyways, so I reached out to Hifiman through Facebook Messenger and someone on the other side actually got back to me. I explained the situation, and they said they'd look into it. Shortly after, I finally got a reply to my emails, with a lousy excuse and no apology, but it was smooth sailing from there on after - I got my second pair of HE-1000 v2 replaced by a 3rd one, which is so far working just fine.

So there you have it - this is hopefully the end of my tale. Thanks once again to the people in the community who took the time to read this and try to help out.

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #5 of 7
Hey, community,

Just wanted to wrap up my story, which maybe will be helpful to someone in the future... who knows.

Anyways, so I reached out to Hifiman through Facebook Messenger and someone on the other side actually got back to me. I explained the situation, and they said they'd look into it. Shortly after, I finally got a reply to my emails, with a lousy excuse and no apology, but it was smooth sailing from there on after - I got my second pair of HE-1000 v2 replaced by a 3rd one, which is so far working just fine.

So there you have it - this is hopefully the end of my tale. Thanks once again to the people in the community who took the time to read this and try to help out.
You never mentioned what was wrong with the defective pairs. What was the situation?

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #6 of 7
On both defective pairs, one of the hearpads made this weird noise on the slightest movement. Sometimes, just turning you head while wearing them was enough to trigger this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back