Need Help Finding Small Over ear headphones? Similar To Beats Solo?
Jun 11, 2011 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SamRichards123

New Head-Fier
Can anyone help? I do not like beats at all. They are just over priced and your just paying for the little 'B' on the side.

Are there any headphones that sound and look as good as Solos at a cheaper price? around £30-50

I know that they will not sound as good as solos as they are quite expensive, however i would like them to still have a reasonably good sound quality.

Any advice welcome,

SR

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 6
try the AKG K518DJ. they're small, over ear and they sound much better than the beats (i'm assuming you like bassy headphones, since you mentioned the beats).

edit: they're £50 at amazon

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 6
I have considered these before, they are very nice both to look at and the reviews say they sound great to. And now you have recommended them they have gone higher up on the priority list! 

Oh and btw I do like Basy headphones 

Any other advice is still welcome?

Jun 13, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #4 of 6
You're welcome.

And at this price range, I think the AKG K518 is your best choice for bassy headphones. Another option would be the Sennheiser HD 448, but I think you might find the bass a bit too weak (and they're around-the-ear, not over-the-ear).

If you could try them, it'd be cool. Personally, I think they sound better than the K518 (better soundstage, clearer mids and highs), but they lack some bass compared to the K518 (not that the HD 448 doesn't have bass, but it's not so "in your face" like in the K518).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back