Need help choosing (fairly) cheap on ear headphones
Jul 13, 2012 at 8:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TeerraM1

New Head-Fier
hi, lately i saw the skullcandy skullcrasher headphones which i quite liked the design, then i saw this site and saw all the negative comments about it. Im looking for a good pair of headphones, i am not really on top of all these makes so i came here to ask for help.
my budget is around 100 british pounds (around 150 dollars). im mainly listening to Hip-hop and metal/rock. I am mainly looking for some good bass, dont really care about the looks. if you need additional info just ask.

Jul 13, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #2 of 6
The Skullcandies are dreadful, just don't bother with them.

I recommended the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's to a friend who wanted the same kind of thing as you, and he loves them. They come very slightly overbudget at around £120. Other options might include a pair of HD558's, Roland RH300, or a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770's.

Hell, even the XB500's could work. They are not great, but they would at least beat the Skullcandies.

Jul 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #3 of 6
so you are favorable to the ATH-M50's. could someone give me a review of them? do they mute everything around or let the noise through?
im planning on having headphones for around 2+ years, is that possible? :D
And most important, are they comfortable to wear? im planning to go on a trip pretty soon and that would leave me listening to music for about 12 hours... apparently over ear headphones drain the battery from phones pretty fast, is that true?

Jul 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #4 of 6
Sound leakage isn't really a problem with them, in both directions. You will find yourself fairly isolated from the outside world. He has owned them for almost 2 years already, so I doubt you will have a problem with them unless you are particularly heavy handed. My experience with them is pretty much the same. They are pretty comfortable too, and somewhat easy to run. I wouldn't recommend a phone, but they can certainly be used with them.

There are loads of reviews on here, this is a link to some reviews of the straight cable version.  http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-m50s

Jul 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #5 of 6
what do you recommend for listening to music? (portable and cheap).
I know that phones don't have a brilliant hardware for listening to music but what can i say?
thanks for help

Mar 25, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back