Need Headphone Amp Advice!
Jan 1, 2012 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Prohgress

New Head-Fier
Hi Head Fi,

I was wondering what is a good PORTABLE headphone amp for around $20-30. I am getting new headphones pretty soon. This will be my first headphone amp. I heard they enhance the sound quality of the music.

I am thinking of getting the Fiio E6. It is about $30 on Amazon. Is it good quality? If not, what are some other ones that are good?

Thanks,
Prohgress

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
Hi Head Fi,

I was wondering what is a good PORTABLE headphone amp for around $20-30. I am getting new headphones pretty soon. This will be my first headphone amp. I heard they enhance the sound quality of the music.

I am thinking of getting the Fiio E6. It is about $30 on Amazon. Is it good quality? If not, what are some other ones that are good?

Thanks,
Prohgress

what headphhones are you getting? it depends largely on ur headphones.
The E6 will drive any headphones well up to about the ~$180 price range (or if it's a high Ohm Beyer) but i need a specific model for a conclusive answer. The E6 is a phenomenal amp for the price though

Jan 1, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
I am getting the V-Moda Crossfade LP.

The E6 will drive those well :) I see you've chosen the LP. the LPis a good in between for bass and audiophilia. not super audiophile but not consumer either :)
the sensitivity of these is not listed so i can only base these off the 32 Ohms which would usualy mean easy driveability

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Ok thanks bowei006. You really helped me out today! :)

Your welcome, and remember, if the LP's don't suit your consumer super bass tastes. the XB500 is waiting for you at your local best buy for $50 :) lol

i do admit..Vmoda's are really really good lookiing. they turn heads :)

if the LP's suit your tastes and you are starting to like audiophile bass and want more mids and highs and background stuff. come back to head fi :) the HFI 580's are the next step up for someone like you :) my review of it is in the bottom if you want to check it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back